2006 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Finally a fun SUV
By Tom on 04/14/06 19:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very happy with the vehicle. Great styling, superior handling for a Sport Ute, and power to impress with the V8, even sounds good! No problems so far, didn't expect any either. Very comfortable, quiet interior, AC and heat distribute nicely, great stock sound system. Could not be happier. Plenty of headroom (I'm 6'4") as well. Combined street/Hwy mileage 19.1

Another Happy 4Runner Owner
By dwtaylor on 04/14/06 19:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was initally apprehensive about making the move from sport sedan to SUV, but the 4Runner has far exceeded my expectations where ride quality, handling, comfort and quietness are concerned. It's even more remarkable when you consider how rugged, versitile, capable and reliable this vehicle is. I was amazed at how easily it handled the worst snow day of last season. Highly recommended.

Love my 4Runner!!
By granny2 on 04/14/06 08:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love everything about this car. I have RA and this car is easy to get in and out of. Plenty of room for electric scooter. Drives and handles exceptionally well. Would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a new SUV.

Well made vehicle
By Kevin on 04/09/06 10:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

What an improvement over previous model years. The handling is refined like a car with limited body roll but does not sacrifice off-road capabilities. I am 6'4 and it would be nice if the front seat went back two more notches. The sound system is excellent and the back seats are roomy enough for a large adult to be comfortable. Exterior appearance is similar to the larger brother Sequoia but looks sportier all together. It would be nice if VSC can be disabled when in 2WD. Gas mileage averages 19.5 with combined city highway driving. V6 engine and 5 speed automatic are a perfect combination and provides a good pull through every gear.

Toyota Quality Continues
By Bill on 04/08/06 07:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great gas mileage for a larger V-6. A recent long trip yielded a 21 MPG average. I love the torque, it goes when you want it to. Nice interior, well designed and user friendly. Highway noise is minimal, if any. Added features from the dealership, like tinted windows, compass mirror, and signal side mirrors add to the comfort and luxury of this mid size SUV. Toyota continues to produce high quality, dependable, affordable products for the American driver.

Love my 06 Sport
By lancems007 on 03/24/06 11:35 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 01 Limited on an 06 Sport with the 4.0 liter. What a difference! I'm missing the leather a bit, but the tradeoff in power and comfort is well worth the difference. I pull a 15ft enclosed trailer with two atv's in it with no problem. I was worried I should have gotten the V8, but I'm very happy I went with the 6 cylinder. Gas mileage in mixed driving has been around 20-21mpg. Insurance was dirt cheap. My 06 was actually cheaper to insure than my 01! This is an excellent SUV!

Nice Truck-top quality construction
By Jay on 03/15/06 18:38 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great Handling, Sporty ride, great value. The money is put into the structure and engine/drivetrain, not features like a lot of others I've had.

Nice ride!
By dedhed on 03/14/06 07:44 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 93 4-runner with 180k miles on a new 06. The 06 is averaging 19.6 mpg which is better than my old 93. The V8 has plenty of power to merge into traffic and pass when needed. The adjustable seat is very comfortable. The styling both in and out is eye-catching. I have had the truck for about a month now and honestly can't think of a negative thing to say about it. Toyota builds a quality product, and I will continue to drive them.

Good SUV, Not cheap
By c2computer on 02/22/06 15:04 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Good SUV for, the price can get a bit steep to get some options that others are offering standard (6 disc CD, auto off lights, integrated audio controls, etc.) I tested a lot of vehicles, if it weren't for the aggresive money factors on the lease from Toyota, I would have purchased elsewhere. Toyota has great quality but you sure pay for it, although the residuals help out in the end.

Oh What A Feeling
By Dawn Kennedy on 02/15/06 15:31 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my 4x4 Limited 4Runner. It's a V6 yes, but much more power than my minivan sienna had so I'm happy enough. I have not been this much in love with a vehicle, ever. I still appreciate it and still love driving it after 6 months of ownership. The quality of this vehicle is very high, as well as the value retention. I still want to be driving this vehicle in 10 years and am sure it will still be going strong. The 4Runner V6 has great pickup, gets head-turning looks, and is just plain fun to drive. The Limited has the leather, heated seats, sun roof, dual air stations, the list goes on. My ONE complaint is that there are not enough cup holders in the front seat.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.