2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
LOVE this car
By tdtmd03 on 01/30/11 02:41 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife bought this car new. We drove it for three years and put about 60000 on it without ANY problems other than the navigation system which always seemed to have us wandering in the ocean whenever we drove down I-95 in Florida. It was reliable, fun to drive, great looking, comfortable. We traded it in because we needed 4WD as we were about to move to AK in 2009. We loved it so much we bought a 2004 4WD 4-runner and splurged on a 2008 land cruiser ( both have been fantastic). And the 2006 that we traded in was bought by my father in-law. He was a little miff that we just didn't sell him the car in the first place so that he didn't have to pay the extra dealer mark-up.

Quality SUV-But Has Quirks
By okmarshal on 02/19/10 21:15 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned this vehicle for 18 mos. and overall have really enjoyed it. Have previously owned 3 Explorers, 2 Bronchos, & 1 Cherokee & this beats them all hands down. The sound of simply shutting a door tells you it's built better than the American SUVs. Gas milage is better, the ride is smoother & you just feel safer riding in it. The only drawbacks are quirky things such as; Non-lighted & oddly placed door switches, beverage holders that don't seem to fit anything, only (1)12V power outlet that goes dead when ignition is turned off, so you can't charge anything overnight, Zero foot or storage room under seats, remote that lowers back window but doesn't raise it back up??

I love this car!
By 4Runner Lover on 03/19/08 19:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car just a little over a year and I absolutely LOVE IT as much today as I did when I bought it. It drives so easily. I say it drives "electric" because that's the only way I can describe it. I have not had any trouble with my 4Runner at all except for that stupid tire pressure light coming on, especially when it's cold outside. However, it's been on ever since I took it to the dealership 2 weeks ago. That seems to just be some problem Toyota can't seem to fix.

Lousy Transmission
By Jay Alan on 08/17/07 17:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck after having a 2002 GMC Envoy. Since I bought this truck, I've noticed the vehicle shifts up or down harshly and at the wrong speeds. When the ac is on, the idle is so high that the truck seems to drive itself. Coming off the highway, the car lurches forward when you're merging onto a new road. Very disappointing and can't wait to get rid of it.

Like riding on air
By rodney on 03/02/07 19:47 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been more than pleased with the comfortable ride provided by my 4Runner. This is by far the most comfortable ride I have experienced from any vehicle I have ever owned. The brakes are a bit nimble, but other than that the vehicle is like riding on air. There is very little noise from exterior extremities, with the exception of a heavy rain. Very little noise, and handles potholes better than I expected.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.