2006 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Great All Around
By Jon on 07/30/10 11:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my BMW 3series for this 4runner because I was moving up to the high mountains, Breckenridge Colorado. It handles amazingly in the snow, even with 2 wheel drive, and have never been nervous about my safety. Can fit 5 people comfortably, even with their winter layers on. Nice to have the rack already on top, just attach a board-rack and you're ready to hit the slopes. Does great on the highways here, which are constantly winding, the huge breaks are a plus.

Love My Ride!
By jaime on 07/28/09 06:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent SUV.The attention to detail from Japanese auto makers (don't even go to chevy or ford) and the quality, reliability is perfect - this is my 6th TOYOTA. Maintenance every 5K miles and you're gonna be just fine - great truck, smooth, easy to drive - it feels like a sedan I have a lot of fun...TOYOTA keep up the good work!!!

Great all around Vehicle
By rcwing on 07/18/09 07:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Never have had a repair or adjustment made. Factory tow package easy to use and preforms well. Very steady feel on the road. Handles well at interstate speeds and eats up the open road. Long trips are easy and bad weather driving is secure.

Can't Get Better Than This
By Reliability on 04/11/09 12:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this vehicle for three years and, at 80K plus miles, I have not had a single mechanical malfunction. It drives great and has great roadability. It is easy to maneuver, even in small/tight spaces. The driver sits high and this provides great overall vision of your surroundings. In regards to quality, can't beat Toyota's quality or dependability.

No regrets
By Sen A on 11/23/08 09:28 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very comfortable drive compared to my last car was a 2002 Pathfinder. The balance of the car while taking curves are remarkable due to its wider wheelbase. Some of the interior features could have been improved but overall excellent vehicle.

06 SR5 4runner
By WCF on 08/26/07 11:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great vehicle. Our first new Toyota. Comfortable, reliable, smooth rider. My kids both want me to give it to them! I'm thinking of moving to something like the Lexus LX just for the luxury of it, but would recommend the 4Runner to anyone.

2006 4Runner
By MarkV on 02/09/07 06:55 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall very satisfied with the vehicle. It is a smooth and quiet ride on the highway, but can be uncomfortable on uneven surfaces. Suspension is tight and you can feel it. The safety items are great. Traction control and stability control are worth it. My wife complains when she dives it in rain/snow because the traction/stability control is too contolling. But she also spun my old truck in the rain one time because she just gave it more gas when the wheels spun. The 4Runner doesn't let you mess up like that.

Great Car
By Joe on 10/20/06 20:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought this car and I'm very satisfied with it. I'm still in the process of breaking in the car, but it's still a plesaure to drive it. Just feathering the gas makes the car accelerate quickly.

my first suv
By vinh nguyen on 10/09/06 09:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

own other toyota before but this is my first toyota suv,so far overall i like it alot exterior,interior,ride ect.i think it is a well build car and good value

I love it!
By J.A. on 08/06/06 18:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love the way my new ride looks (the color I chose is Driftwood Pearl w/cloth tannish interior), the way it handles and the features. I wish it had more get up and go but I did get the V6 so... I really enjoy it and would highly recommend at least a test drive - that is all it will take. I love the controls for back window and the double decker system and cargo net for organizing groceries, luggage, etc. I also love the ease of the hatch opening, closing gently then the automatic "lock" so I don't have to slam close.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.