67,000 mile review
By t h a m on
2005 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
After driving 4.5 years I figured I would write another review w/ reliability notes. Following service manual to a T and everything is running fine other than my sunroof which broke wide open at 55k mi with a $2400 replacement bill that I did not fix (just got it closed). Computer read out says I'm averaging 20.3 mpg but it's 10% off so actual is 18 mpg - reasonable for a body on frame SUV. Replaced tires at 40k from dealer oem's to Mich Cross Terrains - nice improvement. At 6'3", head and leg room are just adequate. 2 prong outlet is great, but only 1 12v is not. Front passenger space is small - friends ride knees up at 6'1". Good truck overall and would recommend to friends/family.
Favorite Features
'Yota's ability to have a body on frame, live rear axle, truck style SUV that gives toughness and offroad ability while still delivering a smooth and quiet ride with acceptable mpg. Excellent reliability reviews are why I purchased it, and so far the reviews were correct. No major mechan. issues.
Suggested Improvements
High floor and low roof equals short interior space, broken sunroof under normal operation, tranny revs like it's in neutral on occasion (diagnosis said nothing wrong), stank exhaust odor with rear window down, "nose to the ground" factory look - had to add a front spacer to level out vehicle.
By giorgi01
on 10/16/14 03:12 AM (PDT)

Does it fit for offroading? for example how cay you drive it in the mud or big snow?