2005 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: Great vehicle

2005 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Review

Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Great vehicle
By TonyB on

2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 4runner is perfect for what I need and that's the key. For the people who don't like the towing (marginal) of the 4runner or that it's too trucklike (it's built on a truck frame!) make sure you buy the vehicle for what you will use it for. Mine is great in the mountains, hauling 4 people with ski equipment, camping gear, bikes, etc. Phenomenal in the snow and mud and mountain passes, but still refined on flat surfaces. Much quieter than my 2000 4runner. Good size without feeling boatlike. Bulletproof reliability and resale value. This vehicle certainly covers the utility in SUV,with great body styling. Again, I wouldn't suggest for towing or grocery grabbing.

Favorite Features

Amazing ride for an SUV. Toyota reliability and resale value. I have the Sport Edition in silver and I think its the best looking SUV on the road. Love the rugged looking hoodscoop. Very solid fit/finish. Great acceleration and quiet cabin. Tail gate latch 'pulls' closed on its own when lowered.

Suggested Improvements

Lighs for window controls on door. How do you miss that? Many of the controls are not intuitive. I work with auto companies and most every vehicle out there has controls that are more "logical". Needs improving. Premium fuel is fine for a sports car/sedan, but not for an SUV or truck.