My review of 2005 4 Runner with the V8
By Mark Savage on
2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
We really like this vehicle overall; just wish gas had not gone up like it did, for we had a 4 cylinder camry prior and it obviously got better mileage; still, on the open road, I've seen the gas monitor go as high as 24 to 29 mpg when driven between 40 and 55mph. I'd guess we were getting about 16 to 20 average though. The power this SUV has is very surprising. A friend of ours has a V6 version and I rode with him and during hard acceleration, I could only tell a little difference in the V6 and V8, so the V6 will serve you well also. I'd highly recommend the 4Runner; I just wish I had the 4 wheel drive version for those rare times we get snow or ice in this part of NC.
Favorite Features
Our favorite features would be the auxillary 115 volt power outlet--should we ever need it and the power to pull about anything behind you with this 4.7 V8 they tell me toyota borrowed from their Lexus line of automobiles.
Suggested Improvements
Have all models provided with the lighted running boards-not just the Limited version; these vehichles cost too much to not have lights on the running boards; also, side curtain airbags should be standard, not optional