58,000 Miles Since I Bought New
By Greg on
2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
This is my second review on this rig. First one was at about 27,000 miles. This is my 5th Toyota (4th new Toyota and second 4Runner). I have had no problems at all (knocking on wood). These are bulletproof vehicles if you service them regularly. The maintenance cost is very reasonable. I have found the longer I own a Toyota the more I like it. This one is still very solid. I did not like the OEM tires (Grand Trek) so I replaced them at 27k with the top of the line Toyos (HWY tread)... what a difference! Like putting a new suspension on. I have been very pleased with the MPG (21.8). Actually get better city than hwy because I keep it under 20000 rpm in the city but have a lead foot on the hwy.
Favorite Features
Reliability, solid quality feel, sporty look, smooth tranny, quiet ride, it has a firm ride (since it is a true truck axle set up) but not bad for what it is. I like the remote window opener.. use it a lot for those things I forgot to put in or take out. No rattles, V6 has plenty of power! JBL sound.
Suggested Improvements
I don't like the heater/ac controls. They work fine but even after 2 years they are confusing. I like the simple ones like on my Camry. Plenty of room (I am 6'2") but don't plan on driving far with the back seat down..it cramps the driver position for bigger people. I wish it had an iPod adapter.