Used 2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews - 244 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Rock Solid Performer & a Keeper!
By RB & PB

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Between my wife and I, we have owned many vehicles. If we had to pick "one" to live with from the many...this would be it. Not flashy (frame/ladder design versus newer design) - don't hear much about it in the media and the limited version is a little pricey. However, this is a safe (full compliment of airbags), reliable, go anywhere, do anything (towing, off road or a wedding), solid performer. We plan on owning this one for a long time - and we can because of reliability. We have had no issues besides routine maintenance (brakes, battery, timing belt change). Sad that Toyota no longer offers this rig w/a V8. Will have to look at the Lexus variant when its time to purchase in the future.

V8 power! Rear view camera, heated seats (for the wife), navigation and as smooth as most car-like SUV on hwy.

Not much...maybe cooled seats (will go to the Lexus for that though), more efficient V8 (more HP to match torque w/ mpg), bluetooth/aux input.

4 runner again!
By sold.

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my 05 4runner. I'm looking to purchase a new one. Hoping the 2010 models are built as well as 2005. Only problem I had with 2005 was the moonroof quit around 58,000 miles, costs $2000 to repair, but just had them permanently close it. I will still buy one with moonroof--love the lighting. New brakes installed with 90K miles, new tires at 78K miles. NO issues whatsoever with this vehicle.

moonroof; body style; durability

Extra plugs. Little more headroom. My husband wears a ballcap. 6' head touches ceiling.

Love My Toyota SUV!
By Regina

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Toyota, and I have loved each one. But, this is my favorite. In this SUV, you sit up high giving you greater visibility. It has versatility because it allows you to transport many things with the back seat down. It has great features. It's a quality vehicle. It's fun to drive!

My favorite interior features are the rear view camera, navigation system, and JBL audio system. Overall, the main reason I bought this vehicle is because I know it is a quality vehicle that is reliable and inexpensive to maintain!

I don't have any suggestions for improvements. I love it just the way it is!

Life is Good! Thanks Toyota!
By Dean

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 4Runner as a CPO a few years ago, the first CPO I have ever purchased. It has been superb! 19- 20 MPG in the city and about 23-24 MPG on the highway, marvelous comfort, great stopping power, very low cost of maintenance.

Moonroof and superb ride and handling.

About 1" more of legroom for the driver. Also 1 extra 12 volt outlet in the console.

TOYOTA QUALITY!! THE BEST REAL SUV!!!
By dwillix

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 4Runner is the best of the best in terms of a true off road SUV!! It has a super smooth ride and the styling is awesome. This is the best vehicle I've ever owned! I have just over 50K miles on it now and get 20+ MPG overall! Goes great in snow, sand, over large hills - and on the road! A must buy if you're looking for a great SUV!!!

The ride - very smooth. Offroad capability - unmatched! Styling. Legendary Toyota quality and reliability!

Can't think of a thing!!