2005 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Love V8!
By Simon on 12/29/04 13:40 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I strongly recommend you get V8. It's the same engine used in Lexus GX470 and if you test drive both V6 and V8, you'll definitely notice the difference big time. V8 is so smooth and quick. It feels faster and more responsive than my Audi A6 2.7T.

Tradition Continues!
By SANMAN on 12/23/04 01:14 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I decided to buy my second 4-runner after test driving everything else on the market. After 4 years and 177K miles on my 2001, my decision was a no brainer. Toyota Reliability, build quality, and low maintanence made my decision to stay with Toyota easy. My Criteria for a new 4 runner came down to the following. Better ride, Leather interior, more power, a bigger gas tank, and a quiet interior. The 4 runner met all of thse requirements, plus bang for the buck, you would be hard pressed to find a better SUV.

Toyota Forever
By Rob on 12/18/04 17:15 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

First SUV/truck after one corolla and three Camry's. An awesome vehicle. Well balanced, very quiet, built like a bank vault and has put the kick back in driving for me.

Don't even think about it - just BUY IT!
By Brent on 12/15/04 17:57 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my first Toyota (a Tacoma Double-Cab) two years ago. Other than routine maintenance, i never experienced a single problem. Had only bought GM vehicles previously. What a difference. plus, my Tacoma held its resale value better than anything I have ever owned. As for the 4-Runner, I have the base model with 4-Wheel drive, a Sunroof, 17" Wheels and a Rear Spoiler. Those were the options most important to me. I absolutely LOVE this vehicle. As others have said, the smoothness of the ride and the quiet interior will remind you of a big luxery auto. The steering is controlled but incredibly tight. Braking, handling, and basically every function is precise. Go get one - any trim level!

Worth every penny.
By N. Salos on 12/12/04 09:59 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Only item needed are in the roof rack, it has no extra hooks to tie things up.

2005 4Runner 4x4
By Sean on 12/11/04 07:58 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

A great vehicle at a great price. After much research, this was the choice for me, and no regrets! I opted for the new third row seating, and what a blessing. It is easily the nicest vehicle I have ever owned, and the build quality is like that of cars and SUVs costing thousands more. Even in SR5 trim, the thing is pretty much loaded, and the ride comfort and creature features for a 4x4 can't be beat.

Glad I got it
By alans727 on 11/28/04 13:52 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well built, low road noise. Nicely equipped standard features.

Great truck
By jsnaked on 11/25/04 08:49 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2002 Honda CRV and was happy with it but I could not go on the beach. I just bought the 2005 SR5 $wheel drive and can say tha it drives better than the Honda. The truck get over 20 mpg, what a surpise. I did test drive a few other trucks but I like Toyouta's reputation and quality of build. This is more truck than car and that was another determing factor. If I want a "car like ride" I would buy a car.

2005 4Runner Sport Edition
By SBF2398 on 11/24/04 17:57 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car! The ride and handling are great, the exterior and interior are beautiful, and all of the controls are very user-friendly.

Love it!
By Grizman on 11/23/04 10:28 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We needed to replace our Xterra as we were concerned about overall safety and stability. After reading on Edmunds how the 4Runner was redesigned in 2003 to widen the stance and improve handling, stability, safety, performance and fuel economy. We had to try it. We drove it and instantly knew that this vehicle would serve multiple purposes--it was safe enough to cart the toddlers around and rugged enough to take anywhere. We love all of the standard features, but most of all we love how solid this vehicle feels and how well it drives.