Used 2005 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Super Buy
By HappyAgain

2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this after owning a Highlander 4 cyl. for 18 months. Wish I had bought the 4Runner 1st. This is a super buy. I am a toyota believer now. This is so much more vehicle for the money than the highlander was. I am really pleased.

Love the automatic climate control and the rear power window. The radio controls in the steering wheel are a nice touch.

Definately needs a power driver seat and the cruise could be mounted on the steering wheel instead of under it. Also would like to see another power outlet up front. Cup holders need to be designed shallower to hold smaller cups (travel mugs) to accomodate handles. Auto headlights are also needed.

Good Truck
By Bobby

2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is fun to drive with the tented windows it is a little easier to cool than most I have driven the price of gasoline does not make me stay home any more and I really like the red color with gray interior

rear window opens and closes with key

six player cd standard and lights on running board standard on all

Awesome car
By pokeweed

2005 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I updated from a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Having driven older 4Runners, my expectations were low - I actually went to the dealer to look at the Highlander. I ended up with a loaded V8 4Runner and have never been happier. Great power, ride, handling, fit, and finish. Best cup holders in its class! Lots of cool touches. Feels like a Lexus. Drive is incredible - my wife is afraid of SUV's, and even she loves it! Unlike car-based SUV's, this car feels rugged and has an element of go-anywhere toughness and fun the others lack. Our first drive was from Denver to Vail - plenty of power for the passes. Handled great off-road to the hiking trails too. We LOVE it!

Great ride, power, handling, fit and finish. Stereo sounds awesome - upgraded JBL 6-CD changer. Homelink, Sunroof, 110v AC outlet, rear seat cup holders and armrest, X-REAS shock makes the car ride GREAT. Rolling down rear window is cool.

Limited should have memory seat. Up/Down controls and Lumbar Support for Passenger Seat. MP-3 capability and Bluetooth. Slightly softer driver seat. Automatic windshield wipers on limited. Should be able to close back window from Key Chain.

Worth the wait
By Charmie

2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had to wait SEVERAL months for the Sport with SIDE IMPACT Air bags. Rolled off the lot with 5 miles on it! It is in a class by itself. Clean lines, crisp interior. TONS of places to out things. And the burgandy color! The responses while driving are fantastic. STOPS on a dime for deer crossing!

HANDLING! I do not feel like it's top- heavy as I did in the X-Terra. Had I known then what I know now, would have gone with the Toyota when we bought the first SUV! Did lots of research, and like the safety features and re- sale values.

Offer an option on the sport for a type of racking system, IE bike, or kayak or whatever.

Priced right!
By Ed

2005 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been waiting to purchase a 4runner for quite some time. I enjoy not only driving it but also giving it a good wash and wax job.

Has a powerful 6 cylinder that does a good job in the city and on the highway with a 5 speed automatic transmission. Comfortable seats that can be adjusted. Rear window rolls down with remote. 23 gallon fuel tank.

Better tires, these are just adequate. Extend the warranty to 5 years 50,000 miles. I like everything else.

• SUV