2005 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Great SUV
By Raleigh Neal on 01/13/05 15:22 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have only owned the vehicle for a few weeks, but I can already tell that I made a smart decision in buying this SUV. It is a well made vehicle (no rattles, quiet, excellent interior materials, etc.). I am also suprised at the gas mileage, it is better than I expected at 23-24 mpg on recent trip. I previously owned a Ford Escape, which was also a fine SUV, but the 4Runner is better in every way.

Satisfaction/Peace of mind
By M.R.Maxwell on 01/10/05 22:21 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I begin by saying that my last two vehicles prior to this purchase were American made SUVs. As the years went by it seemed the form and fit of major components, doors, hood, trunk became somewhat loose with weakened hinges (especially the doors). I also experienced a myriad of electrical problems with items such as, rear latch release, rear wiper, some of the dash lighting and other electrical problems. With this vehicle I feel a sense of joy as it relates to reliability and the "feel"as I drive the vehicle. Good reviews by leading consumer groups does'nt hurt either. Interior surfaces and materials are not cheap and overlaid with all mannsr of plastic. The engine has power to boot.

The Total Package
By USC Gary on 01/06/05 18:55 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Highly recommended for anyone considering purchasing an SUV. After driving BMWs for 16 years, the transition was relatively easy. Although the 4Runner is built on a truck platform, it drives like a car. It tackles bumps on the road with ease and offers a smooth ride. Deft touch in regard to road handling; negotiates curves with little sway. The base V6 offers more than enough power if you don't plan on towing a boat or trailer. You don't need to punch the accelerator to feel the surge of power. The list of standard features is considerable compared to others in its class. Comfortable and roomy second row for passengers. Toyota reputation for reliability and quality was a huge selling point.

Got one of the First off the Line -2003
By L. on 01/06/05 08:47 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this truck. One problem is the back hatch. If I'm not careful all groceries fall out when I open the back hatch. This problem has cost me dozens of eggs :) Also the hatch window opens with the remote key, but I have to start the car to put it back up -- not convenient at all! Other than those things...I LOVE THIS TRUCK...and I know my daughter is safe. That's the main thing.

Great S.U.V.
By Tony on 01/05/05 22:32 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Limited 4 Runner is the best SUV of the three that I have owned.The others were a Ford Explorer, Jeep Grand Cherokee and GMC. Toyota is a much tighter,quieter and better handling vehicle.

Love my Toyota 4-Runner
By Minnie Pellum on 01/05/05 21:24 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This my first purchase of a Toyota. I had Lincoln Navagtor before & a Ford expedition, But I like the Quality and ride of my 4-runner.I like the way it handle's in the mountains & on curves.Also the ride and quiteness on the road. My next purchase will be a toyota. Love it. M. Pellum

Great SUV Gets Even better
By Tom on 01/05/05 18:12 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We had a 2000 4Runner and loved it. We lost it in an accident and went shopping again. Looked at Explorers, Trailblazers and Jeeps and Envoys. Although due to dealer incentives could have purchased all but the Envoy for less, the fit and finish, towing capacity on the base models, and overall quality in the 4Runner is tops. The interior is larger than the 2000 model and the ride is smoother without being soft and driver visability is improved. Our experience with the reliability from Toyota was the final selling point. This is our 5th and all we have ever had to replace other than standard maintenance items was a starter. We usually keep them for over 100,000 miles. Very Satisfied

Rugged and Luxurious
By Powrbruh on 01/04/05 13:11 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I test drove the 2005 Limited 4x4 V8 last night, and I fell in love. The V8 took off like a rocket and I was very impressed. I will be purchasing one very soon.

A Really Great SUV!
By Rich Stone on 12/31/04 13:28 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Smooth yet strong engine. Fast accelleration. The 4Runner performs as good as it looks. We took it to the Smoky Mountains and it had no trouble on steep inclines. Plenty of power in all situations. Lifetime power train warranty at Ft Myers Toyota was another great selling point. Would have liked to have a little more leg room in driver's seat, but was able to adjust seat tilt to correct the tight fit. All in all this is a great vehicle both inside and out.

Love V8!
By Simon on 12/29/04 13:40 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I strongly recommend you get V8. It's the same engine used in Lexus GX470 and if you test drive both V6 and V8, you'll definitely notice the difference big time. V8 is so smooth and quick. It feels faster and more responsive than my Audi A6 2.7T.