200k and more
By flyfsca on
2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I'm coming up on 200k on my very first and only factory set of brakes. I love this 4x4 as this is my 8th 4 Runner in a row I've owned. I'm now looking in to towing a travel trailer so I'm following some other blogs recommendation not to exceed 5600 lbs total vehicle and trailer weight. So we will see what size trailer will max. I'm figuring dry wt no more than 3000 lbs. I'm shooting at 400k for this 2005 4 Runner. My plate is my id on this blog. Feel free to stop and chat.
Favorite Features
Overall reliability in all driving conditions. General economy is 19-23 mpg reliably.
Suggested Improvements
Better sound system.
By superslif
on 03/27/13 18:07 PM (PDT)

We also have a 05' 4-Runner, but with the V-8. We bought it in 05' to tow our travel trailer. The first tt was a 24' and weighed in at about 4500-4600 (wet). Our new tt (2013) is a little larger at 25' and 5000 (wet) Wet meaning loaded and ready to go. We camp a lot. The 2005 tt we used 380 nights over 7 seasons. The V-8 (4x4) has a towing max of 7200 lbs. It tows 5000lbs just fine, but I wouldn't want to do much more.... The 2013 I went with a weight-distrubution hitch. The 4-Runners have a rather soft suspension, so a W-D hitch will keep the vehicle level and cut out 80% of the sway. With the V-6 I would keep it under 4k to be easy on the power-train. Over-all the 4-Runners make great daily drivers. The only real issue is the catalytic converters (4) had to be replaced twice now. ?? As far as gas mileage I get 17 city and 23 highway. Towing I get or got 12.25 towing the 2005 tt and 10.5 - 11 towing the 2013. The 2013 is heavier but is also 7" taller causing more drag. Here is a link to a picture gallery... http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=1362