Used 2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Last of the 2005's
By moulton

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Toyota is "updating" much of its model line this fall, including the 4Runner. I wanted to purchase the '05 before the end of the model year because of its excellent track record and high ratings. I'm sure the '06 will be equally as successful, but there's a lot to be said for acquiring a "classic"! The Limited model is an impeccable amalgam of engineering, design, form and function. Its GX470 Lexus counterpart is a really a Limited 4Runner in disguise! My wife and I love the quiet ride, impeccable safety features and rugged capabilites of the 4Runner. Former owners of a Jeep Grand Cherokee, off-roading capabilities with street manners was a must. We highly recommend this vehicle!

Favorite Features

Safety features; driveability; reliability; build quality and performance.

Suggested Improvements

fully lit door switches; memory seat settings (coming in '06!)

4 runner Sport V8 - Awsome
By Jaspurr

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just put 1500 miles on in the first month. Towed my 17 foot whaler to Cape Cod, did not even know the boat was attached. I just moved up from a 97 Tacoma 4x4 and need to get use to the automatic. Great truck, comfortable, quiet, quiet, quiet. Plenty of room for 2 kids, wife and dog. The suspension is tight, the wheels grip well. Great visibility. Wanted a pathfinder off-road - got the V8 Sport for $2000 less, which I think is the best value out there. Paid right around $29K after rebate, still a lot for a vehicle but I know it will last me 7-9 years without a problem, all my other Toyota's have!!!!!

Favorite Features

1. All Wheel drive 2. V-8 wisper quiet engine 3. x-Res suspension 4. Ride quality 5. Rims and tires

Suggested Improvements

Better option choices, toyota seems to limit these too much. Other than that NONE!!!!

2005 4RUNNER
By LCORLISS

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been very pleased with this vehicle, Toyota certainlly lived up to their reputation on this one.

Favorite Features

Even V6 provides more than enough power for everyday driving, and accelerates plenty to pass that slow driver in front of you.

Suggested Improvements

Material used for the interior ceiling scratches very easily. Make sure not to rub anything against it.

Super Buy
By HappyAgain

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this after owning a Highlander 4 cyl. for 18 months. Wish I had bought the 4Runner 1st. This is a super buy. I am a toyota believer now. This is so much more vehicle for the money than the highlander was. I am really pleased.

Favorite Features

Love the automatic climate control and the rear power window. The radio controls in the steering wheel are a nice touch.

Suggested Improvements

Definately needs a power driver seat and the cruise could be mounted on the steering wheel instead of under it. Also would like to see another power outlet up front. Cup holders need to be designed shallower to hold smaller cups (travel mugs) to accomodate handles. Auto headlights are also needed.

Good Truck
By Bobby

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is fun to drive with the tented windows it is a little easier to cool than most I have driven the price of gasoline does not make me stay home any more and I really like the red color with gray interior

Favorite Features

rear window opens and closes with key

Suggested Improvements

six player cd standard and lights on running board standard on all