2005 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Best Mid-Size SUV
By New Owner on 02/04/05 00:14 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I researched all the SUVs in this class and the 4Runner is the BEST. The 4 Runner has around for 20+ years and people are still driving their old ones. A good thing is that most are repeat owners. The quality, price, and amenities are awesome. I love it.

Great Buy
By kim on 02/02/05 22:49 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was bugging my husband for a new 'TRUCK'. We went to the dealership - looked at what they had in stock and was told that there was a shipment coming in the following day. He returned to the dealership and brought home my new toy - I LOVE IT!

Blast Factor 10!
By RunnerFan on 02/01/05 15:08 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The full time 4WD V8 is truly a sophisticated beast - but drives like a dream. The kick down power on this engine has to be experienced, as well as its quietness and smoothness. The 4R just gets better. This is my 4th since the primitive days of 1986. At 6ft 1" there's much more legroom and elbow room. What a machine!!!!!!!!!

I'd buy it again!
By Jase on 01/31/05 14:33 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am surprised at the standard features and the attention to details like the rear sliding glass, 17" wheels, cup holders everywhere, the auto-lock feature on the hatch (no need to slam closed), the auto ignition (a quick turn of the key starts the car), fog lights, the hidden glove box inside the glove box, electronics on the dash, stereo controls on the steering wheel, sensors on the wheels (indicates any changes with tire inflation), very, very low wind noise, roof rack and running boards, smooth, appropriately powered, gas shocks to open both the hood and the hatch (effortless to open). Additionally, all the fluids, oil and air filters are really easy to get to under the hood.

2nd one in the family
By GRJ on 01/29/05 19:56 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Our other 4Runner is a '98, which has had only one problem in 6 years! It rides rough, but is great overall. When we test drove the 05', there was no comparison at all. It is super smooth on the road, absolutely no body sway, and has allot more pickup, with a few more mpg! Anyone considering a mid-size SUV should test drive one before making a decision, it's worth the time. Also, you get quite a bit more for your money now than in 09. Traction control, Vehicle stability control, both standard on all 4Runners.

very nice Suv
By Sweetmellisa23 on 01/29/05 13:17 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy the comfort and safety of this vehicle. I have always owned toyota and owned a Highlander limited as well. I love the feel of the ride.

First 4Runner X Grand Cherokee Owner
By Rico on 01/26/05 21:49 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just took delivery and I love it. I went and drove the new Grand Cherokee first and this truck blows it away. Quiet ride, plenty of style, and great service at the dealership. This is my first 4Runner and I leased it. The deal on the lease also crushed the Jeep by far. I'm looking forward to the next 3 years and if it's like the first few days I'll be driving an '08 when this lease is up. Drive this before you buy any other SUV. Great value.

4Runner after 9000 miles
By L.R.Burfield on 01/26/05 15:51 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent in snow and ice, better fuel economy than I expected (17-18 mpg) Solid feel on highway at speed, very quiet inside cabin. Good layout for driver. Rear seats fold very nicely for added cargo room. Tire pressure warning light needs temperature compensation, as it glows when outside temp drops into the teens. Love the heated seats. Quality inside and out. Sound system is tops.Tach dial view is partly blocked on right side

4Runner
By chad on 01/26/05 15:17 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota really put the things in this vehicle that customers want from cupholders to performance. Comfort and convenience is a main concern for me and Toyota aced the test. 4Runners also have good gas mileage which for the vehicle I don't think anything compares plus their reputation for quality durability and reliability is awesome so pay more for the peace of mind which is what I will always do.

Love it!
By blong yang on 01/25/05 23:25 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love most everything about this truck. Big tires, trims, tail fin, jacked up...all makes this truck look awesome.