2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
TOYOTA QUALITY!! THE BEST REAL SUV!!!
By dwillix on 02/16/10 18:03 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 4Runner is the best of the best in terms of a true off road SUV!! It has a super smooth ride and the styling is awesome. This is the best vehicle I've ever owned! I have just over 50K miles on it now and get 20+ MPG overall! Goes great in snow, sand, over large hills - and on the road! A must buy if you're looking for a great SUV!!!

Best SUV made for the price
By John Rawlings on 11/23/09 17:12 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a high-end vehicle for a mid- range price. I purchased my 4-runner brand new and 63,000 miles later have only one regret. This truck was not the best design for tall people but ok with the floor position for the seat completely back. Not much ceiling clearance either. Now with that said the Toyota 4- runner deserves recognition as a premier SUV by which all others should be judged. Large enough for a family of 4 to take on vacation, convenient roof racks ,and equipped with a powerful 4.0L engine that can effortlessly take you anywhere. Toyota has always impressed me with quality control that is unparalleled by any auto maker in for comparatively priced vehicles.

Bulletproof...
By keokisan on 07/16/09 21:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great overall vehicle! 4x4 in snow EXCELLENT! Rides better than C-Class Benz. Ended up selling Benz was driving my SR5 90% of the time. Took a road trip from Seattle to Santa Monica and it drove like a DREAM. I have owned many, many vehicles. My advise: "GET YOUR HANDS ON A TOYOTA"! My 2005 looks brand new, gas, oil and scheduled maint. is all I do. It NEVER FAILED, EVER... Just gas and oil.

67,000 mile review
By t h a m on 04/27/09 07:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After driving 4.5 years I figured I would write another review w/ reliability notes. Following service manual to a T and everything is running fine other than my sunroof which broke wide open at 55k mi with a $2400 replacement bill that I did not fix (just got it closed). Computer read out says I'm averaging 20.3 mpg but it's 10% off so actual is 18 mpg - reasonable for a body on frame SUV. Replaced tires at 40k from dealer oem's to Mich Cross Terrains - nice improvement. At 6'3", head and leg room are just adequate. 2 prong outlet is great, but only 1 12v is not. Front passenger space is small - friends ride knees up at 6'1". Good truck overall and would recommend to friends/family.

Best Buy Ever
By 4Runner man on 03/16/09 17:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 4runner Limited 2wd certified vech, I have had this vech for six months, the more I drive it the more I like it. My Limited came with all the features, JBL sound system, Nav system, rear camera, driver and passenger air bags, sunroof, night time rear view mirror, compast, 17 inch rims, running (lit) boards. The ride is smooth and swift, runs on regular unleaded, gets 18mpg in the city and 24 on the hwy. I have put six thousands trouble free miles on this vech, maints is low change the oil and drive, I live in the land of Cars Los Angeles, You name it we drive it and still prefer my 4runner Limited because it fits in every where from Beverly Hills to beaches of Malibu.

Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned
By 1Happy Camper on 03/07/09 21:16 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new in 2005 and I couldn't be happier. I travel a lot for work and put a great deal of miles on this truck. Other than replacing the tires at 90K miles (yep, you heard right, 90K miles) and a new set of front brakes, I have not had a single thing go wrong with this vehicle. If you're in the market for a good looking, dependable SUV then the 4Runner is a great deal.

Not too bad for the money
By suishin on 02/25/09 00:06 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was very happy when the first two year. Everything goes downhill when I took it off road once. Bad gas mileage. Used to be combination of local and highway got me 22-24. As now with only 40,000 miles on it gives only 16-17. And cd player went out at 35,999 mile. Not just that, the tire sensor went out too.

How to make this great ride work for you
By Nathan M. on 02/16/09 11:50 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I shopped every SUV on the market and after multiple years of ownership I feel qualified to give this vehicle the review it deserves. There were a few drawbacks to this vehicle when comparing it to others, but I've come up with a few work-arounds: Cargo Space - lower than most SUV's this is easily and inexpensively fixed with the addition of a roof box or hitch mounted rack / storage. Leather Seats - a dealer add on! Confusing 4wd system - just earmark the page the description is on. Once you figure out when to drop it into Lo / lock the center differential / etc., you're going to love driving this thing in the snow. Dash - You'll get use to function over form.

Love'n it
By 4Runner man on 10/08/08 13:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2000 4runner limited for the 2005 2WD Limited I have to say this vehicle is by far the best vehicle I have owned, a nav system, 10 speaker sound system, leather heated seats, a back up camera, power moon roof 17 mpg city 23 hwy, and a ride that is excellent. 245 hp, a tow package (5000 lbs) well you get the picture, love everything about my 4runner. Oh it comes with 4 different airbags. Plan on keep it for a long time. Oh yeah it runs on regular unleaded fuel, yahoo!!!

Best Mid-Sized SUV on Market!
By klegg on 08/01/08 08:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've read most of the posts here, and most of positive ones are right on. We have the 2005 v8 4x4, and it's exceeded our expectations. Plenty of power, interior room is good and the height-adjustable driver seat is very comfortable and accommodates a variety of body types. Towing our 2300 lb popup camper from Denver to Page AZ with climate control gave us 16mpg at average of 65mph! That's pretty good! Control layout is very good. MPG in town has been a consistent 17, and we've had as much as 24 on highway. It's been as bad as 16, but if you don't drive it like you stole it, it will easily do 18.