2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
67,000 mile review
By t h a m on 04/27/09 07:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After driving 4.5 years I figured I would write another review w/ reliability notes. Following service manual to a T and everything is running fine other than my sunroof which broke wide open at 55k mi with a $2400 replacement bill that I did not fix (just got it closed). Computer read out says I'm averaging 20.3 mpg but it's 10% off so actual is 18 mpg - reasonable for a body on frame SUV. Replaced tires at 40k from dealer oem's to Mich Cross Terrains - nice improvement. At 6'3", head and leg room are just adequate. 2 prong outlet is great, but only 1 12v is not. Front passenger space is small - friends ride knees up at 6'1". Good truck overall and would recommend to friends/family.

Best Buy Ever
By 4Runner man on 03/16/09 17:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 4runner Limited 2wd certified vech, I have had this vech for six months, the more I drive it the more I like it. My Limited came with all the features, JBL sound system, Nav system, rear camera, driver and passenger air bags, sunroof, night time rear view mirror, compast, 17 inch rims, running (lit) boards. The ride is smooth and swift, runs on regular unleaded, gets 18mpg in the city and 24 on the hwy. I have put six thousands trouble free miles on this vech, maints is low change the oil and drive, I live in the land of Cars Los Angeles, You name it we drive it and still prefer my 4runner Limited because it fits in every where from Beverly Hills to beaches of Malibu.

Love'n it
By 4Runner man on 10/08/08 13:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2000 4runner limited for the 2005 2WD Limited I have to say this vehicle is by far the best vehicle I have owned, a nav system, 10 speaker sound system, leather heated seats, a back up camera, power moon roof 17 mpg city 23 hwy, and a ride that is excellent. 245 hp, a tow package (5000 lbs) well you get the picture, love everything about my 4runner. Oh it comes with 4 different airbags. Plan on keep it for a long time. Oh yeah it runs on regular unleaded fuel, yahoo!!!

Bought the 5 yr 100 mile warranty
By val on 11/14/05 21:18 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like to keep my cars the life of the warranty or the years I buy whichever comes first. This car is a jewel and I love driving it. Compares well with my sister's Lexus SUV for performance. Wasn't cheap, I bought everything I could to enhance my enjoyment but I'm using the frills and loving my ride and the perks. This is a car that will way outlast my warranty and the years ...

Priced right!
By Ed on 07/22/05 17:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been waiting to purchase a 4runner for quite some time. I enjoy not only driving it but also giving it a good wash and wax job.

Limited review
By rapidray on 07/15/05 13:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle. Bought the Limited version. Best SUV I have ever owned and have owned Ford Explorer, Chevy Blazer, Dode Durango. Great JBL 10 speaker 3-1 sound system. Very smooth ride and very quiet ride compared to previous vehicles owned.

Love my 4 Runner
By Richard Johnston Jr on 05/27/05 15:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned many Toyotas and value their reliability, low cost maintenance, and wonderful features. This model has all of those benefits and incredble power of the 8 cyl. engine. Gas milage could be a little better but the power is worth the slight difference in milage.

4 Runners are the best
By Shay on 05/27/05 11:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second 4 runner. Our first we bought new in 2000 and never had a single problem with. The style compares to no other vehicle in it's price range and it is very comfortable to drive. I would recommend this SUV to anyone who is looking for quality in a SUV as well as a smart looking ride.

Best vehicle I have ever owned!!!!
By majormom on 04/09/05 17:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am absolutely thrilled with my new 4runner. First SUV I have owned and first toyota. I have MS and find the vehicle easy to get into and out of, also very comfortable for me to sit in for long periods of time! Ride is great!!! Would buy one again in a minute!

I like the 4Runner
By New VDP on 03/22/05 11:42 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 4Runner has been a great and reliable car. The RWD has been sufficient to navigate construction sites and occasional soft dirt without a problem. The ride is more comfortable than 90% of the cars that I have ridden in lately. The visibility of the displays and access to switches and buttons is superior. The V-6 is a strong and nimble performer, the car is fast for it's segment. I have had only two problems: 1) electrical problems with locks wouldn't allow driver to unlock or lock the rear right door. 2) A/C switch burned out for some reason.