2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Just bought one
By 4runner8762 on 06/19/14 10:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought in mid 2014, a 2005 Toyota 4runner v6 Sport edition. It had 67k miles on it and 2-3 previous owners. I absolutely love it. the biggest catch for me buying it was the mpg, as my previous car was a civic. in all honesty it gets decent mpg, my city is 18, and highway is an easy 24. just don't drive like an idiot and mpg's aren't too bad at all. the layout is great, super practical and simple. the back is big enough to sleep two and have room for gear. the engine is plenty powerful enough, although i can imagine a v8 being a bit stronger off the line. when i bought it I had to replace the alternator, and i did a 'seafoam' flush of the oil and gas. great machine, buy it!

Great purchase
By cd1791 on 11/21/07 05:55 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned an 01 Pathfinder and was very happy with the car, but it was time to trade up. After reading as many reviews and going to as many sites as possible the only logical choice was a 4Runner. Well, after nearly two months of ownership I must say that I could not be happier. The 4Runner definitely has a better overall feel than my 01 Pathfinder and the 05 Pathfinder I looked at. The fit/finish is excellent. The material quality is high. It drives very well for a SUV (quite interior). Bumps on the road are absorbed like a sponge. I purchased the V8 and it is very quick. If you are looking into purchasing an SUV in this category the 4Runner requires serious consideration.

2005 SE 33000 miles of experience
By Ray on 07/29/06 12:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been extremely happy with the V-8's performance capability. I get about 21 MPG overall per the onboard computer using regular. However, I have seen a slight drop since ethanol has been added to the local gasoline mixture. The only problem I have had was the dealer did not lower the spare tire's pressure to match the 32 lbs in the wheels on the ground. It took a while to figure this out.

Love It!!!
By Love my 4 runner on 05/19/06 22:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

No regrets about buying this vehicle. I've had my 4 runner for almost a year now. The more I drive it, the more I love it. It runs, rides, and looks great. Gas mileage has been far better than I had anticipated. Great vehicle overall!

Most comfortable car I have owned
By Jim on 08/21/05 23:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great ride, comfort, leg room, storage room aplenty, pickup great, have received several compliments on car, could not be more pleased with quality, finish and comfort of the 4runner.

I Love It!
By Maria on 08/09/05 17:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I finally bought the car I've always wanted. This car is like a truck runs great has great pickup and go when needed. Has enough room for passengers and luggage. Tows well with no problem. I just love it!

Super Buy
By HappyAgain on 07/29/05 21:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this after owning a Highlander 4 cyl. for 18 months. Wish I had bought the 4Runner 1st. This is a super buy. I am a toyota believer now. This is so much more vehicle for the money than the highlander was. I am really pleased.

Best SUV I have ever owned
By paul171 on 06/28/05 13:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd SUV, previously owned a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee and a 2002 Dodge Durango. The 4Runner is far superior in ride comfort, reliability, resale value, and fuel economy. This is the quietest vehicle I have ever owned, even more quiet than a '97 Acura 2.2CL I had a number of years ago. V6 has plenty of power and I am averaging around 19-20 MPG in town. I really like this SUV and would recommend it to anyone in the market for a reliable and sporty alternative to the larger SUV's. Don't buy anything before you drive this Toyota.

My 2005 4Runner Review
By Kimberly on 05/27/05 09:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have always liked the 4 Runner's,so I bought an 05 in January.I really like the look and feel. Has lots of interior room and features. It runs very well with lots of power. I have already had problems with mine though. My sun roof got a glitch in the computer which was easily repaired. At 1,000 miles the rear brakes started making a groaning sound. I had one rear rotor replaced because it was glazed at 1K miles. I have taken it to my dealer 4 times for the brake noise. The last time I was told that ALL the 05 4Runner's make that sound and that pretty much I would just have to deal with. I called 2 other dealers to ask if they have had that problem, one said yes the other said no.

Great SUV
By Jday on 05/09/05 12:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Test drive and you will buy. This is my second Toyota in two years and I like the build quality, overall sturdiness of the vehicles and high resale values.