2004 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: Safe and most reliable

2004 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Safe and most reliable
By ritanilesmail on

2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought this car in December 2004. I was pregnant with my first child and wanted a safe and reliable car with good cargo space. This has been our family car for the last 7.5 years and has NEVER failed us. The car now has 134,000 miles & the only maintenance we've done are tires, brakes, a break light & oil changes. I feel so safe in this car; rugged yet has navigation, power everything, rear view camera, great stereo. Although truck-like it has great turning radius & weaves in NYC traffic easily. Powerful V8 accelerates great to merge onto hwy. We tow trailer on camping trips each year! Cargo room is great for house projects & kid gear. Tough, safe, reliable, responsive. I LOVE MY 4RUNNER!

Reliability! After 135,000 have only had oil, tire and break maintenance! Amazing. Safety! Good snow traction, and with two little kids, the thick exterior gives me security that we won't get crushed in the case of an accident. Handling! Great responsiveness for such a large and powerful car. Can turn into parking spots easily and weave in NYC traffic no problem. Cargo Room! Lots of room for sports equipment, beach gear, camping gear, house renovation supplies. Towing Capacity! Can tow landscaping trailer, camping trailer, U-Haul trailer with no loss of power and no engine damage!

Very minor: Wheel rim paint is flaking off, needs better coating? Interior Room is a little smaller than you would think for a large vehicle. Rear door/hatch would love it if it were automatic and could close with the push of a button.