Worst decision
By jcritchfield on
2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)
This purchase was the poorest vehicle purchase I've ever made. I brought this truck 6 months ago and I put more 3000 in repairs...Everything from sticking calibers to electically issues. The truck rattles more than a semi truck, would be a quiet ride if there were not raddles everywhere in the truck. I paid extremely amount of money for this compared to SUVs of the same nature, huge waste of money. Im honestly considering trading this horribly designed truck back in.
Favorite Features
Nothing
Suggested Improvements
You name it.
By ebara
on 01/05/14 05:03 AM (PST)

The previous owner probably either did damage to it or didn't take care of it like they should have. 4Runners are one of the strongest vehicles on the road, easily making it to 250,000 miles if you take care of all the scheduled maintenance. We love ours, and everyone else who has one that I know of loves theirs as well. Unfortunately, you probably just came across a very rare one. Don't let that alter your trust in Toyota though. I have never owned any other vehicle that has lasted as long as a Toyota without having major mechanical defects. They have been running strong since the 80's, which is why they are on top of all other automakers today. Consumers see that. Both our 4Runner and Explorer have brand new batteries in them. The 4Runner has 100,000 more miles on it than the other vehicle too. We keep them garaged. Last night the temp got down to - 30, and the 4Runner started right up, but we had to jump the other one. Something has to be said about that. The Explorer is 6 years newer than the 4Runner, too.