True to its reputation!
By jgonzalez on
2004 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)
I have owned several toyotas in my life and have always regretted selling them. One of my major disappointments was getting rid of my 1989 Toyota 4Runner as it was truly a work horse with great fuel efficiency. The 4 cyclinder engine pulled my boat and got me out of soft sand countless times. Unfortunately, I thought that having a family would mean that I wouldn't need this type of vehicle - wrong! I purchased a 2004 Toyota 4Runner V6 Sports Edition and have been amazed with its smooth ride. It is definitely much better than my previous love - 89 Toyota 4Runner. In two short years I have put over 66,000 miles and have yet to hear the brakes squeak. Gas mileage is 20 mpg!
Favorite Features
Smooth ride, great lighting both inside and outside of vehicle, good ground clearance, great body integrity, lumbar support, automatic lights, transition lighting, rear seat air vents, and great bucket seats that allow one to recline back when wife sends you out for smelling like fish.
Suggested Improvements
The rear window cannot be lowered without the exhuast fumes coming into the cab while driving. Air sensors need to be specific to where the defiencies are located. I think the light panels on the AC controls need great illumination. Improve on the luggage rack that can support greater weight-box.