2004 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: Overall: glad I purchased my 4

2004 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Review

SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Overall: glad I purchased my 4runner
By NeeNee on

2004 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My hubby surprised me with my 4 runner as a grad present and I have been happy with a few exceptions. (I wish he had gotten one with a sunroof.) Please see below for the things I like, don't like and problems that I've had with my Toyota. P.S. Invest in some Husky mats made for your 4runner at time of purchase & your carpet will look like new forever! I wish I had got mine when I purchased instead of the factory mats. Which I might add weren't included in my purchase. I had to buy in addition to the purchase of the car!

Favorite Features

Fun to drive; has a lot of storage space; back passenger seats are roomy; when roads are slick, the traction control works very well; very dependable and solid vehicle... never had any breakdowns or mechanical problems.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders should have a feature to cover when not in use; gas cover gets stuck randomly; inside light must be on at night to adjust the temp because the knob isn't lighted; remote control for back window that raises/lowers the window never worked, a lot of wind noise when windows are down.