Comfortable cruiser
By shermjet on
2004 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)
After some haggling at the dealership over this car being a CPO we came to terms. The dealer would replace the two missing key FOBs, fix the significant scratch on the right side and make this look like it should for a CPO. The third row seat is missing on this, but that's ok with me. Now the vehicle. This is as smooth as many cars as I have driven. Not sure where the editors came up with the harsh ride, but I have driven this so far from Madison, WI to Toledo 3 times in the 60 days, and twice from Madison to Hayward, WI. I am averaging 21.8 MPG over all with my best being 23.7 MPG Hwy at 75mph. The cabin is quiet and comfortable and well laid out for long trips. I have the v-6.
Favorite Features
I love that the rear window rolls down. I had a jeep Cherokee before this and it did not have flip up rear glass. The center console also is very large and the center flip out tray is cool. I have not tested its off road capabilities. Realistically, nothing beats a jeep.
Suggested Improvements
It needs two power outlets in front. A power closing rear gate. This replaced a 1998 Jeep Cherokee that was a horse off road. I wish Toyota would have stayed a little closer to their roots on the 4runner.