2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Best SUV available
By Bagels dad on 12/19/06 08:04 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Powerful, comfortable, practical and elegant. I love driving it and my dog can't wait to go for rides. The looks are growing on me but I wish it looked tougher and more distinctive. Inside, it is fantastic. The smooth engine and torquie acceleration are tremendous and it is ready for any kind of weather condition. Just keep it in gas and oil and go. Best vehicle I have ever owned.

4Runner Fun
By Bern on 09/26/06 18:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love drving this vehicle. After previously owning a 6- cylinder 4Runner, the enhancement of the V-8 is remarkable. I'm able to get on and off the Beltway without any problems. I recommend a V-8 for anyone considering purchasing a 4Runner. This is my third 4runner in seven years. My sibling introduced me to the 4Runner in 1988 and I purchased my first 4Runner with a five speed manual transmission. Lots of fun to drive and a very sturdy vehicle. I'm much more impressed by the new design and larger size of the 4Runner, combined with the V-8, JBL speakers, and so many more options, makes for such a delightful driving experience.

Best built and looking SUV made
By Big Guy on 08/01/06 16:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

We love our 4 runner, it is handsome, well built, reliable and we feel very safe driving it due to its great visibility and so many safty features. In addition, with it's powerful V8 we average over 19 MPG. We plan to own our 4Runner for many years and miles to come. We give it a 9.5 rating only because it lacks a 6 way passanger seat.

Great Vehicle
By PL3828 on 05/26/06 16:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am so impressed with the reliability and performance of my Toyota 4Runner that I don't think I will ever buy any brand other than Toyota. It's nice to know that every morning when I leave for work that I will not have to worry about my vehicle starting and getting me where I need to go in comfort and style. I have owned American cars in the past and they just can't touch Toyota in terms of reliability. Have driven over 45000 miles in less than two years and not had ANY problems. I drive about 55-60 miles per hour on the highway and average 25- 26 mpg.

4Runner
By no on 05/15/06 13:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent vehicle. Good looking, fun to drive, reliable, excellent in snow, sand, & mud. Well built. Gets better gas mileage than some smaller vehicles.

Best Looking Mid-Size SUV
By Brian on 05/14/06 18:39 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love my 4Runner. Hate the gas mileage. Have to say though, I put a lot of miles on a vehicle and this has been, hands down, the absolute easiest to maintain. I have almost 60,000 miles on it and have not yet had to have the brakes replaced - you can't get that with a Honda. My only complaint is the terrible smell when the rear window is even cracked open - Toyota has attempted to correct this problem, but whatever they did only corrected the problem for a week or so.

Oh What A Feelin'
By Josephine on 03/19/06 20:56 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

First of all I am proud to be a toyota 4 runner owner, there is nothing else to say really about it, it is a TOYOTA this says everything, right?

Crossing The Country
By Ralph on 03/11/06 19:14 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven from New York to California during the summer of 2003, New York to Utah the summer of 2004 and New York to Arizona with a detour to Texas during the summer of 2005. The three trips were approximately 23,000 miles. The 4 Runner met every challenge through snow in the Rockies and 100 degree heat in Texas with power and class. The V8 had no peers! A beautiful truck inside and out!

What else would you buy?
By Brad on 03/11/06 09:23 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Our 4Runner LTD has been fantastic. Extremely comfortable and reliable. We change the oil and put gas in it; nothing else. Toyota reliability is reason enough to own this car. The V6 has plenty of power. Off-road and in rough conditions, this vehicle has not let us down. We average 20 mi/ga...pretty decent for an SUV that is driven hard. Relative to a Cherokee, the 4runner flat out is better in corners, accelerating, and overall handling. As for luxury, our other vehicle is a new BMW and I feel more comfortable in the 4runner. We use the cargo space so often. Buying large objects (e.g.furniture). Our lab loves the back, tonnes of carrying space, and moves 4 people on long trips.

Excellent Vehicle
By Warren on 02/17/06 10:34 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am a land surveyor and work anywhere in North Georgia. Consequently, I put 30,000 miles per year on this vehicle. I have always known Toyotas were legendary for reliability, and this one has been no exception. What I did not know, however, was how exceptionally capable it is off road. I have taken this vehicle in mud close to a foot deep and it comes right out. It has also been up some inclines so steep that all my surveying equipment slid to the rear door.I expect to get close to 200,000 miles out of it before I buy another one just like it (or better). Excellent vehicle!!