2004 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
I love my 4runner, worth every penny!
By Titan on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I thought my old 4runner was amazing, but the 2004 model is spectacular, gorgeous inside and out, performance you'd expect from a sports car. I am more than thrilled, I love it!

Solid SUV gets better
By Chiapas Chupacabras on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 98 4Runner for 3 years. Returned it because the lease expired and drove an Integra for 2 years. I couldn't stand the small car and had to go back to my trusty SUV. The 98 4Runner was a very nice car, but Toyota has really refined this SUV over the years. I'm still getting used to the exterior design, but everything else has been improved. Power is excellent, interior is more spacious, the old cupholders have been destroyed and replaced by a much more intelligent design. A little more headroom would be nice and those panels above the wheels still look weird, but I've got no complaints about anything else.

Best SUV in Market
By asif on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very attractive in titanium metallic, beautifull interior (stone), lots of standard feature, smooth transmission, nice acceleration, sharp turn. EBD is excellent. Third Row seat is little conjusted but gr8 for kids. leaves no cargo space but u can always use roof rack. i bough mine with roof rack, third row weat, leather steering wheel and floor mats. Every thing else u need is standard. Automatic climate control is bit noisy but cool at low setting. The orange interior illumination at night is awesome. Take this vehicle on road and i bet ppl will look behind for it.

more than pleased
By John Radtke on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

The experience has been better than expected. The smooth responsivness is incredible. It is fun to drive and will be a while before the excitement wears off. I don't have many cons on this vehicle. The one thing that could have been done better is the climate contrals. I can't seem to get used to the multiple steps to get what I want in climate comfort. Overall, this vehicle has been mt best SUV I have ever owned.

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By lampright on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned 3 Toyota trucks and two american 3/4 ton trucks in the past that I greatly enjoyed, but this new 4Runner takes things to a whole new level of pleasure. Vehicles just don't get much better than this! The V8 and 5 speed auto are silky smooth with plenty of power. For a V8 it gets decent milage 15-16 city and 19-22 highway, the best being 24mpg. The JBL sound system is the best factory system I've heard, although it could still use more bass. I do wish there was an aux input for an mp3 player though. The ride is pure pleasure. I could go on and on about how much I love this truck, but I'm limited to 700char.

4runner, part 2
By shsmiller on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just bought my new 2003 4runner limited with navigation. I LOVE THIS CAR! When I got into the new 4runner, I was amazed! It is as/more comfortable than anything I have ever riden in, including top-of- the-line Mercedes/Jags, etc. The touch screen navigation system is simple and fast to use, and the sound system is amazing! The fact that it came standard with towing capacity and roof rails saved me a good $1000 from having to get them installed after-market. I can't say enough about this vehicle!!!

Great Buy
By anandAmb on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

PROS: This is the second SUV I have owned (the first was a Pathfinder) and am very impressed by the smooth and powerful 245hp/V6 engine. If you are not bent on towing a lot, this would be a better choice than the V8. The interior is quiet refined and comfortable. This definitely gives you more value for your money than owning a BMW X5. I rate this as an EXCELLENT BUY!

our 2004 4 runner
By Bowzer on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love the 4 runner we only had it for about 2 weeks now, but I love it

This truck rocks
By bhkintx on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this truck. I wanted a sporty car but really needed a truck. The 4runner (w/V8) has incredible acceleration and handles like a car. I use it frequently to take clients out and it has plenty of room for 4 adults (I owned a 2000 4runner for 4 motnhs and got rid of it because it was too small and too underpowered.)

Tunnel Vision
By aquadog on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

The dashboard instrument cluster is like looking into a tunnel and very hard to focus on the dials. The clock is part of th climate control and is very difficult to see in bright light. The back door needs to have a remote latch in the drivers area instead of using your key lock. The mirror needs to have a light, all ladies look for this option. Other than the mentioned deficiencies the truck is great.