2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
THE BEST OF THE BEST--TOYOTA!!!!!!!!!!!!
By TOOLMAN139 on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

GREAT RIDE-QUITE,POWER,STYLE WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

solid car
By jbarnum on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I also own a 99 4Runner and the 2004 is a quantum leap in handling and comfort. The car feels very solid and has smooth, rapid acceleration. The price of the V 8 engine has dropped. The Sport edition has a high tech look, but still pleasing to the eye.

Very Satisfied Consumer
By Qz on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The only thing I've found frustrating is when I go to use the home link garage door opener at night. It would have been nice to have it back lit.

4 alot more than Running
By Wally on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

With 4000 miles now, everything has been great with this truck. We traded a Cadillac Escalade for this and we wonder why we didn't do it sooner. We have gotten excellent gas mileage for a SUV, it's quiet, handles, amd brakes extremely well. One thing I would have like to have been able to get is height adjustment on the passenger seat. There is no need for a rear cargo door button because there is an electronic release on the outside of the cargo door. The motorized locking mechanisim is very nice for those who don't like to slam doors shut. The JBL stereo is very nice too. The 4.0 six is a great engine.

Great SUV!!
By Calidude on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV is fantastic! It looks great and the interior looks futuristic. They should make the rear window roll up with the keyless but I love this SUV! You cant beat the looks and the build quality. This SUV has great pickup too - its pretty quick. Stock Sound system is decent too.

2003 4Runner
By RhinoOz on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love my 4Runner!

My first SUV
By Shinzon on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just today purchased my new Toyota 4 Runner SR5. This is the first SUV I have acquired. So far, it is awesome. It is fun to drive, very quiet on the road and it handles excellent!! I also like the fact that the SR5 comes pretty well equipped.

Great Vehicle
By dben on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I put alot of miles on my vehicles & the 4Runner is the best value for the money and for reliability, creature comforts & resale value. It may cost more up front but resale value & low repair / maintenance expenses more than make up for it. (I got a better deal on it than I thought possible (under invoice)).

hot rod performance in an SUV?
By J.Weaver on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I test drove a ton of other suv's in this class,(durango, explorer, cherokee, range rover, tahoe, etc...) none came even close to the performance, reliability, qaulity, handling or overall satisfaction level for me. Same goes for the Dealership that helped me find the perfect car and get a fair price! (Hanover Toyota)

Major Disappointment
By JayEx on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am extremely disappointed that when you let the rear seats down to utilize all of the rear cargo space, you have to slide the front seats forward to make room. I am 6'1" tall and this situation makes it very uncomfortable to drive. The Highlander I traded for this auto was much more satisfactory. Had I known this deficiency existed in the 4Runner, I would still own my Highlander.