2004 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews 35

2004 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
04 SR5 4runner
By keitho on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just purchased the 05 SR5 4WD with the V8 and absolutely love it. Definitely better since the redesign in '03. Finally offered the 3rd seat option which is a definite plus. However, the 3rd seat eliminated the option for the sunroof(which I still don't understand) and any possibility to upgrade the stereo system! I've also noticed that w/3rd seat, the middle row seat is definitely not as comfortable but certainly worth the trade-off. V8 is definitely the way to go versus the V6 with only a minimal decrease in gas mileage......Styling is awesome!

quality is still out there
By dcjrn on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

total quality of vehicle is great-have owned other suv,s but none compare to this one

A smart purchase!
By grubbs1 on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My date of purchase was October, 2004, not 2003. I purchased a 2004 4Runner Sport with the V8. The only options were the sunroof and the spoiler. I invested a lot of time researching this purchase. I considered the competition, depreciation, quality, looks, price, functionality, amenities, ride, power, fun, etc. This was an easy choice! This a top quality vehicle! It pretty much comes with all the amenities you need. I paid just a little over $29,000. Toyota indeed lives up to it's fame.

solid car
By jbarnum on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I also own a 99 4Runner and the 2004 is a quantum leap in handling and comfort. The car feels very solid and has smooth, rapid acceleration. The price of the V 8 engine has dropped. The Sport edition has a high tech look, but still pleasing to the eye.

THE BEST OF THE BEST--TOYOTA!!!!!!!!!!!!
By TOOLMAN139 on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

GREAT RIDE-QUITE,POWER,STYLE WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

4 alot more than Running
By Wally on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

With 4000 miles now, everything has been great with this truck. We traded a Cadillac Escalade for this and we wonder why we didn't do it sooner. We have gotten excellent gas mileage for a SUV, it's quiet, handles, amd brakes extremely well. One thing I would have like to have been able to get is height adjustment on the passenger seat. There is no need for a rear cargo door button because there is an electronic release on the outside of the cargo door. The motorized locking mechanisim is very nice for those who don't like to slam doors shut. The JBL stereo is very nice too. The 4.0 six is a great engine.

Very Satisfied Consumer
By Qz on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The only thing I've found frustrating is when I go to use the home link garage door opener at night. It would have been nice to have it back lit.

Great SUV!!
By Calidude on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV is fantastic! It looks great and the interior looks futuristic. They should make the rear window roll up with the keyless but I love this SUV! You cant beat the looks and the build quality. This SUV has great pickup too - its pretty quick. Stock Sound system is decent too.

My first SUV
By Shinzon on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just today purchased my new Toyota 4 Runner SR5. This is the first SUV I have acquired. So far, it is awesome. It is fun to drive, very quiet on the road and it handles excellent!! I also like the fact that the SR5 comes pretty well equipped.

Great Vehicle
By dben on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I put alot of miles on my vehicles & the 4Runner is the best value for the money and for reliability, creature comforts & resale value. It may cost more up front but resale value & low repair / maintenance expenses more than make up for it. (I got a better deal on it than I thought possible (under invoice)).