Used 2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

18 year old driving for 3 years!
By jaheem

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

this was my grandmother's own.. she bought it new in 2004 with everything including leather n moon roof.. only except navi.. and we are in 2012.. still runs like new with 45236 miles (i put on 35000 miles on it myself since i got it.!) i love my jeep.! carried it offroading and it did excellent.. we live on a small island.. so i get around 18.2 the most of mpg.! its still shining like when we first bought it.. except lately i have it quite dirty.. only problem i can say i have.. is the tire pressure light has been on from 2009 and it havent come off.. but it doesnt bother us.! recently it started making this noise that sounds like the steering.. but its in the shop getting fix.! no biggie.

outlet so no need for car charger.!! v6 runs like a charm.!

nothing.!

Worst decision
By jcritchfield

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This purchase was the poorest vehicle purchase I've ever made. I brought this truck 6 months ago and I put more 3000 in repairs...Everything from sticking calibers to electically issues. The truck rattles more than a semi truck, would be a quiet ride if there were not raddles everywhere in the truck. I paid extremely amount of money for this compared to SUVs of the same nature, huge waste of money. Im honestly considering trading this horribly designed truck back in.

Nothing

You name it.

Very nice vehicle
By JMont

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Sold my 2-seater sports car to upgrade to an SUV. Bought the vehicle used with 40K miles. The original owner took excellent care of the vehicle. Very happy with the vehicle so far. I have the limited version with almost every feature except the navigation and 4WD. Did not want the 4WD but the navigation would be nice. I think my only complaint would be the fuel mileage (15-16mpg) in the city but I knew what I was getting in to with the V8.

3rd row seat, roll down rear window (great for the dog), V8 towing power.

Fuel mileage, better quality CD player/speakers.

wouldnt drive anything but a toyota
By KarenMac

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my toyota, little pricey but worth every penny. The solidness of this vehicle is remarkable. Suv that gives a ride like a car

heated seats, tinted windows,

easier functions for wipers

Informational Review of 20044Runner
By P J

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

The vehicle's exterior body style is beautiful, as well as, the construction of the vehicle is solid. The vehicle drives and rides smoothly. The sound system is outstanding. I love the sound system. I like the vehicle's overall performance.

The navigational system. The height of the vehicle. The rear view camera. The overall vehicle performance.

Increase the passenger seating capacity. Put in a six or multi capacity CD changer. Create room for an overhead DVD player for the rear seat passengers.