2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
2004 Toyota 4runner Sports Edition V6
By Marky Mark on 04/18/10 23:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for a used 4runner that was in my budget 15k to 17k. Within 2 weeks I found a Metallic Titanium with Weld rims, front windshield deflector on the hood, Mean Extras! Exterior in top condition. Interior spotless, I was very impressed with all the accessories with the controls fully loaded. The ride is awesome, acceleration very powerful. V6 engine daily maintained by first owner, super clean!!! 80,000 miles, a little concerned but, every service was documented on file. So I couldn't pass up this deal or STEAL!!! AWESOME !!!

Great SUV
By Donnie on 06/09/07 04:34 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

When I decided to buy a new SUV in 2004 I did my homework.The first thing I looked at was the depreciation of the first five years I owned it. I didn't have to look any further. Aside from its outstanding dependability and manufacturing quality, the 4Runner depreciates about $7000 less than any domestic SUV comparably priced. After owning mine for nearly three years I can see why they sell so well. And two weeks after I bought it I was asked to sell it. No way!!

Long term report 2004 4Runner SE V8
By RaySmith on 01/27/07 16:50 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded a 2000 Expedition in on the 4 Runner. I have been very satisfied with the size and performance of the 4Runner. The V8 and 5 speed transmission seem to always have the right combination no matter in what situation I find myself.

True to its reputation!
By jgonzalez on 12/19/06 15:22 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned several toyotas in my life and have always regretted selling them. One of my major disappointments was getting rid of my 1989 Toyota 4Runner as it was truly a work horse with great fuel efficiency. The 4 cyclinder engine pulled my boat and got me out of soft sand countless times. Unfortunately, I thought that having a family would mean that I wouldn't need this type of vehicle - wrong! I purchased a 2004 Toyota 4Runner V6 Sports Edition and have been amazed with its smooth ride. It is definitely much better than my previous love - 89 Toyota 4Runner. In two short years I have put over 66,000 miles and have yet to hear the brakes squeak. Gas mileage is 20 mpg!

Best built and looking SUV made
By Big Guy on 08/01/06 16:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

We love our 4 runner, it is handsome, well built, reliable and we feel very safe driving it due to its great visibility and so many safty features. In addition, with it's powerful V8 we average over 19 MPG. We plan to own our 4Runner for many years and miles to come. We give it a 9.5 rating only because it lacks a 6 way passanger seat.

I Love My "Yota"
By SueBhunnie on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is easy to handle on the road. The ride it prevides is quiet and smooth. All controls are easily accessible. Seats are confortable. The interior is quality crafted

GREAT
By polaco on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

It's aLexus with a Toyota badge!!!

Excellent choice!
By Blavenia on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent sport utility with towing package as standard equipment! Strong engine, above average acceleration and an excellent reputation as well as resale value.

New Beast
By oldtom on 08/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Ride is okay as compared to my Highlander. Handling is good and performance supprising. Towing of my boat is excellent very stable, and plenty of power for normal driving. Interior is very attractive. Toyota quality is excellent as always (3rd vehicle)

GREAT SUV
By Shane Barber on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

GREAT SUV..It was a great dealership and was min. time to purchase and Toyota has a REP> for great cars...