Used 2004 Toyota 4Runner SR5 SUV Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

275,000 and counting
By Alex

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 04 4Runner in February 2007 with 24k miles. It had 275k now.
Basic maintenance it's all I've done it has never giving me any problems.
From Virginia to Miami Florida over 30 times with no problems sometimes pulling two motorcycles in a 5x8 trailer.
I love my 4Runner.

224k (12-2-2011) on Clock and the engine still running like new.
By superdjlgyboy

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Best value for the mid SUV class.
This car would not give any troubles if following all the maintenance schedules.(including O2 sensors and fuel injector cleaner and drive belt every 100K). :)
Never call roadside assistance again after purchased this vehicle.

The reliability of the car.

Make a/f sensors more accessible. :)

Awesome truck!
By blea33

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned or driven! I bought my 04 4 runner in April of 2006 as a certified pre-owned vehicle, it had just over 20K miles on it, it now has just over 90K and the only thing we've had to do besides routine maintenance is have a front wheel bearing changed out, which was a warranty issue!
Toyota has made a believer out of me!

3rd row seat would save space if it folded into the floor, as opposed to folding up which increases your blind spot.

Worth the money!
By sonya stilwell

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 4-runner new in May of 2004. After 6 years of ownership I can honestly say "this is the best vehicle I have ever owned." All I have ever done is changed the oil and put tires in it. I have around 87,000 miles, and every day I look forward to driving it to work. Also, the resale value is unbelievable. My next vehicle will be a 2010 4-runner when the new wears off of them and the price goes down a little! This vehicle in my opinion is an investment.

Its sporty looks and it's fun to drive.

I bought the base SR5 with leather so I didn't get as many bells and whistles as I could, but I would say the only improvement would be the 3rd row seats. They are only big enough for a child. The vehicle is really too small for a 3rd row.

4-RUNNER FOR LIFE
By 4-RUNNER FOR LIFE

2004 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought our 04 4-runner and absolutely will never buy any other vehicle as long as they make it as good as this one. The reliability is awesome. I drive cross-country 2-3 times a year and I am very confident in this vehicle getting me where I'm going. I am 49 yr. old female and have it serviced regularly every 3000 miles. Same tires as the day we bought it with 20,000 more left. Done nothing to it but oil changes and check-ups at the Toyota dealerships. Still drives like the day we bought it and now has 74,000 miles. Will keep it til it falls apart, but plan on buying me a new one with the newer body style around 2012 or 2013. Way to go Toyota. You have a very satisfied customer here.

Handling, ride, dependability