2004 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
18 year old driving for 3 years!
By jaheem on 05/04/12 12:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

this was my grandmother's own.. she bought it new in 2004 with everything including leather n moon roof.. only except navi.. and we are in 2012.. still runs like new with 45236 miles (i put on 35000 miles on it myself since i got it.!) i love my jeep.! carried it offroading and it did excellent.. we live on a small island.. so i get around 18.2 the most of mpg.! its still shining like when we first bought it.. except lately i have it quite dirty.. only problem i can say i have.. is the tire pressure light has been on from 2009 and it havent come off.. but it doesnt bother us.! recently it started making this noise that sounds like the steering.. but its in the shop getting fix.! no biggie.

Worst decision
By jcritchfield on 11/09/11 14:54 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This purchase was the poorest vehicle purchase I've ever made. I brought this truck 6 months ago and I put more 3000 in repairs...Everything from sticking calibers to electically issues. The truck rattles more than a semi truck, would be a quiet ride if there were not raddles everywhere in the truck. I paid extremely amount of money for this compared to SUVs of the same nature, huge waste of money. Im honestly considering trading this horribly designed truck back in.

Very nice vehicle
By JMont on 11/25/08 16:43 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Sold my 2-seater sports car to upgrade to an SUV. Bought the vehicle used with 40K miles. The original owner took excellent care of the vehicle. Very happy with the vehicle so far. I have the limited version with almost every feature except the navigation and 4WD. Did not want the 4WD but the navigation would be nice. I think my only complaint would be the fuel mileage (15-16mpg) in the city but I knew what I was getting in to with the V8.

wouldnt drive anything but a toyota
By KarenMac on 11/11/04 19:48 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my toyota, little pricey but worth every penny. The solidness of this vehicle is remarkable. Suv that gives a ride like a car

Informational Review of 20044Runner
By P J on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

The vehicle's exterior body style is beautiful, as well as, the construction of the vehicle is solid. The vehicle drives and rides smoothly. The sound system is outstanding. I love the sound system. I like the vehicle's overall performance.

4 runner
By soonerswagger on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

best SUV we've ver owned

Excellence comes Standard
By Katzrat on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This ismy first car ever!Now I don't know what I am going to do in a few years when it is time to get a new one because I love this car so much.For anyone that is thinking of purchasing a mid- sized suv this really is the perfect one.I looked at almost every mid- sized suv on the market with in about a $40,000 and this is the one to get.My family is an SUV family!My mom drives a Lexus RX330 and my dad drives the new 2005 Porsha SUV although we haven't received it cause it is being build.So I would like to think I know a thing or two about how these type cars run, and believe you me this is a great one.For the money both my parents are thinking of selling th

Great SUV
By 4Runner4Life on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very solid well built SUV. The 4.0 engine is very quiet and smooth with plenty of power. Very nice cabin with lots of extras and well thought out.

Absolutely love it
By 4runner on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first S.U.V. I have always had sport cars, and now w/ having a family i had to upgrade. After driving in this 4runner i don't know what i was doing driving cars. This has got to be the most appealing vehicle S.U.V. out there. Its appealing to the eye outside as well as inside. Not to mention..options..options..options. The limited comes w/ everything. Great power for a six, comfort, and everything else. Toyota did this vehicle right.

I should have owned one years ago
By RNMANAGER on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Outstanding performance,good pick-up when merging to an interstate. During icy condition, sets alarm to alert driver of skidding. Ease of view when changing lanes. Storage is adequate with folding back seat, can accomodate long large load. Beats other types of vehicle in an uphill terrain. Full tank I use for a week in a 60 + mile commute daily. Sits 5 adults comfortable. Handles sharp turn well.