2003 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
2nd 4-Runner
By Joseph W. on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle handles great, has great comfort and the design is neat. It is very roomy and the interior is laid out comfortably. Great acceleration and handling for a SUV. Drives and rides like a luxury car. V-6 is plenty powerful and has reasonable gas mileage for a SUV.

Gotta LoveToyota
By Brownie on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've been a Toyota fan for years. Owned a 1990 Camry for 12 yrs. before I sold it to a friend and it's still running great. Needless to say it wasn't hard to sell me on another Toyota. My husband is 6'5" so it was difficult finding a SUV that he was comfortable in. The 4 Runner fit the bill in every way. It rides like a car based SUV (even better)

My 4th 4Runner
By wldlif on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 4th 4Runner. I just traded a 2003 Sports Edition in on a 2003 Limited and this is the best vehicle I have ever had. Got tired of the gray cladding on the Sports Edition! My first 4Runner was a 1991 and I put 180,000 mi. on it and I still see it around town, a quality vehicle! This to me is one of the best SUV's on the road and I would highly recommend it to anyone. I have always gotten a very good deal and paid a fair price!! This Limited V8; is a KEEPER!! I purchased w/ 9k on it and have put 600 mi on it in last week driving in many different conditions; rain to heavy snow; from mountains to 4 lane hwy's and handles fantastic in all conditions!!

Off road fun
By madmary on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I took it off road at an Army base. It did everything that the HUMVEE's did. Of course I was a little bit leary, but the truck wasn't! I can't wait until it gets a little older so I can really have some fun with it. My husband has a Lincoln LS, and the ride of the 4 Runner is just as smooth on road.

Very Happy
By Denfinge on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

We traded in our Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited on this beautiful WHite Gold Package 4runner. What a move UP. This vehicle is awesome and makes driving in any weather a great pleasure.

First SUV
By toolmanjohn on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This being my first SUV, I was looking for a 4wd vehicle that would drive nicely on road. The 4runner exceeds my expectations. I will have this vehicle for MANY years to come. My Limited has all the power stuff, and the V6 is very powerful. It's just as quick as my sedan was. The 4wd system is primo! Excellent traction in snowy conditions. No stopping it on uphills. Worst thing about buying a Toyota was BUYING a Toyota!! Typical of dealerships they played every game.

This is about V8 Sport, in fact
By delnorte on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great performance, very quiet. XRES is great, the thing cuts corners almost like a sedan. Feels good even compared with Maxima (my other car). Great SUV, if I had to choose again I'd make the same choice. The V8 is great, just takes long to warm up in winter. At 10F in the morning, heater doesn't kick in until you drive 2 miles. My mileage is 12/20 in summer and 10/17 in winter with no passengers (and 5-7 MPG in rush hour traffic in downtown Boston!).Highway mileage with 3 passengers in summer was about 17. Mileage as measured by onboard computer is always 2-3 MPG higher than actual - which is the only _funny_ thing I noticed about 4Runner.

I love this SUV
By roadrashpsu on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 4 runner approx 3 months ago and wasn't sure about getting the limited model, compared to the base model. After having the limited model I'm glad i decided to go the extra mile. The car is well worth the money and i love driving it. everybody is jealous of my new ride. It has been very reliable and it really keeps it's value. Plus the safety features (8 airbags) and anti-lock brakes make me feel safe anywhere i go. I have the V8 model and love the power, the gas mileage could be better, but if you buy an SUV with a V8 what the hell do you expect? I give the vehicle a 10!

2003 4runner
By Gaschley on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Myself, family and dog love the vehicle. Not too big for getting around town, but very capable on highway. Gas mileage not good, but knew that getting in to it. I have a 6yo, and this will be her first car.

another winner...
By JEMN on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Toyota got me back into their drivers seat with this vehicle. A former Honda, Nissan and Toyota owner (if only the Big 3 had their quality/reliability act together I would buy from them), this 4 Runner is just what this mid- life crisis ordered. On the outside, strong, sexy, classy. I love the front grill, the squared off wheel wells, it's overall butch bull dog like appearance. Snowstorm here 3 weeks ago - it purred with pleasure in 4WD.