2003 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews 7

2003 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Great truck!
By Nick4597 on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

17k miles and still ticking w/ only one problem to date (moonroof rattle). Otherwise a great truck, VERY SOLID, always feel like you're in 100% control. Corners and handles like a dream especially in bad weather or rough (off-road) terrain. This truck never stumbles. Best SUV i've ever driven, previous car was a cushy Durango SLT+ and my SR5 blows it out of the water. Seats are horribly uncomfortable and if you're over 6'2 like me, legs will be severly punished by these park-bench feeling seats. Get a seat cushion and all is kosher.

Great Investment
By case2003 on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My AWD V8 Limited 4Runner is very stylish, powerful, and comfortable. It gets great mileage for an SUV at 19.2 mpg even with the all-wheel drive. It's my first Toyota after owning 3 Pontiac's, 1 Chevy truck, and a Dodge Ram. It is superior in quality and I feel it will be a great long term investment.

My 4 wheel Safety machine
By Pacific Northwest on 07/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have loved this truck from moment one off the lot. It accelerates wonderfully, great sound system, every air bag that's out there, and has the toyota reliability that we require. This is my 3rd generation 4 Runner, and by far the best. I could only hope for a hybrid version of this best in a tuxedo!

rough, tough and fun to drive
By cj812 on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had nothing but good experiences with this vehicle. Looks great, handles great and has to usual toyota quality.

Great Car
By javer on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

If you want a great car to drive this is it. I have had many cars over the years, but the 4Runner (new style) is GREAT! The only draw back is the gas mileage, but it's not bad for a V8. I have averaged between 13-23MPG. Thanks Toyota!

rip off!
By rc206 on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

interior items break of allthe time,the engine puts off a rotten egg/ sulfer smell when you get on the gas! the front seats are the most unconfortable,the limited version is better.resale sucks on the vehicle.

the best 4 runner ever
By Joe125487 on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

great truck, no truck in its class even comes close

Simply the Best!!
By David2503 on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This quite simply is the best SUV on the market. Quite, smooth, and fast. Looks great too!!!

The toughest truck built yet
By FRANK BRASS on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

HAD THIS TRUCK UP A FEW MOUNTAINS IN UTAH TOOK IT THROUGH THE STREAMS SHALLOW LAKES, OVER LOGS AND UP GRADES THAT WOULD MAKE A RANGE ROVER SHIVER! THIS IS THE TRUCK OF ANY MANS DREAMS .ALL I NEED NOW IS A DOG.

Awesome!!!
By wingotop on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

V8 has tremendous power and good fuel economy considering the higher horsepower. Seats are very comfortable. It has lots of room and more features than I even know how to use.