2003 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Don't waste your money...
By Dissapointed on 12/23/04 13:50 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first and will be my last Toyota. Toyota's 4 Runners are not the high 'quality' advertised. My past 6 Jeeps and 3 Buicks were all better. Worst, for a vehicle that is advertised to perform well in adverse weather, beware. It's rear doors freeze to the wheel wells after running through even the slightest mud and allowing the vehicle to sit overnight in below freezing temporatures. Bad design. Despite numerous contacts with Toyota, they refuse to even acknowledge the problem or do anything about what could be a serious safety defect, one that would prevent emerency egrees. "Oh, what a feeling..."

Still Love It
By JulieV on 12/03/04 17:19 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

It has been a year and a half and my I still think I've made to right choice with the 4Runner over its competitor.

Love it!!!!!
By Jent1217 on 11/15/04 20:37 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had the '02 Tacoma and upgraded to the 4Runner....I love it!!!! The comfort, the gas mileage, everything. We had traveled quite extensively in ours (over 33,000 miles and haven't had it 2 years yet) and you can't beat the comfort. I will definitely buy another one when it's time to trade in.

Mostly a great SUV
By Bluejulie on 08/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My favorite vehicle ever, especially the redesign. Great acceleration, looks, drive, handling. Quality interior.

Good luck getting parts
By troybarwick on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 13 months, and 21,400 miles I lost the transmission completely. It had to be replaced. It took one week just for the dealership to get the transmission, and another 2 days for install. Had I not complained to Toyota Corporate, the dealership was estimating about 3 weeks to get the part. No one should have to wait this long. This was my first and last Toyota. I bought a Toyota to avoid poor craftsmanship, but this thing is about as poor as you can get. I also lost the brake sensor on this lemon when it was only a week old. That took 3 days for parts, and only because I made the dealer pull from one on the lot.

Love the new style
By jmgager on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this 4Runner used with 10K on it. It is a 2003 but has the color matched fenders and body, Looks awesome. the V8 engine has tons of power and the ride is smoother then ever. I previously had a 1999 4Runner Lmtd (That I loved) and this new one puts that one to shame. Toyota has really taken a step up with this new model.

No other SUV can beat 4Runner
By Broker on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd 4Runner and this time, I opted for the top of the line Limited V8. I have now owned this SUV for over six months and it is absolutely a fantastic vehicle in every way, on or off road.I still own a 1998 that just had it's first brake change at 133,700 miles, with no other expense except for a water pump last year. Quality and reliability to the max. I intend to keep both trucks for a very long time.

Best Midsize SUV
By abercrombie_guy_38 on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Without a doubt, the current generation 4Runner is the best midsize SUV you can buy. With a great design inside and out, good performance and gas mileage for an SUV, and exceptional reliability, nothing beats it. The 4Runner is highly civilized on the open road yet it's able to climb rocks with ease.

Great truck!
By Nick4597 on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

17k miles and still ticking w/ only one problem to date (moonroof rattle). Otherwise a great truck, VERY SOLID, always feel like you're in 100% control. Corners and handles like a dream especially in bad weather or rough (off-road) terrain. This truck never stumbles. Best SUV i've ever driven, previous car was a cushy Durango SLT+ and my SR5 blows it out of the water. Seats are horribly uncomfortable and if you're over 6'2 like me, legs will be severly punished by these park-bench feeling seats. Get a seat cushion and all is kosher.

Great Investment
By case2003 on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My AWD V8 Limited 4Runner is very stylish, powerful, and comfortable. It gets great mileage for an SUV at 19.2 mpg even with the all-wheel drive. It's my first Toyota after owning 3 Pontiac's, 1 Chevy truck, and a Dodge Ram. It is superior in quality and I feel it will be a great long term investment.