Used 2003 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Very Happy 4runner Owner
By Smart buy

2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great vehicle. I looked at everything b4 making my decision and am convinced I made the right one. I bought the silver with grey leather. All options except navigation-dont wish I had it. I am very surprised I dont see more on the road, but not disappointed.

Engine,transmission, gate assist feature, sliding rear window, avg 19 mpg.

Stronger brakes! I have to stand on brake at stops. Move fuel door release, cruise cntrl to steering wheel, add rear air controls.

Get A Ford!
By mtbkr44

2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had this vehicle 4 months, one of which has been in the shop. The sunroof quit working and so did the dealership. I finally got the car back and the paint is peeling off of the front! 40K for this??? I should have bought a Hyundai!!

I took it offroad. It seemed to do extremely well. The V-8 is unstoppable, both on the highway and offroad. Mileage good for a vehicle that weighs way too much. Nice interior. I hate it, I love it.

Quality, Quality, Quality. Where is the clutch?? Why is this car so heavy (Performance matters to some of us)? The "shelf" in the back is a gimick. The "spoiler" in the back just looks stupid. If this were gone, I could open the back with my boats on top.

Great SUV truck
By tryd

2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I looked at the MDX and was about to buy one, when I saw the 4 Runner. It looked so rugged. The interior was the same quality as the MDX. It had more features then the MDX. The 4 Runner is well thought out. The seating is very comfortable and easy to change. The features are numerous and are easy to use. The V8 engine has a lot of power and runs very smoothly. It has very little lean going around corners. My 4 Runner has the air suspension.It The audio system is wonderfully clear and produces an excellent sound. The SUV handles more like a car than the previous generations of 4 Runners. It is not as Car like as the MDX, but is still Very satisfying.

NAV system, suspension, Leather seating.

back up sensors

awesome
By geezer

2003 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Traded a 02 highlander ltd! More stable, better handling, more standard features. Averaging 19-20 mpg, and I drive it fast!My dog loves the power back window-the best feature! I am very analytical and research oriented, and could not find a comparable vehicle without spending many, many thousands more! The v-8 is silky smooth! In Colorado, awd will do most of the time.

Power back window, Stability and handling, Value for the $, especially when there are incentives.Compared with a X5, GX-470, Touareg etc.

Fix the rattles/noise from sunroof and omit automatic locking doors. Make heated mirrors and X-REAS standard on SR_5. Otherwise, perfectly awesome!

Tops in Quality
By DJoseph

2003 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

The most fun I have had in a SUV. Had a Nissan and an Isuzu before but 4Runner is the best yet. Forget the American name brand SUVs.

Interior design of dash and its set up. Plenty of room in the front seat area. Body style.

More leg room in the back seat area.

• SUV