2003 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
After 7 years, still strong!
By Jason H on 08/14/09 23:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just drove 2300 miles from California to Atlanta without a hiccup! No worries on long road trip when you have a reliable Toyota with you. Oh, and this is with 97K total miles.

Stuck on toyota
By Tony_sells_R.E. on 10/01/07 17:29 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought a 2003 4Runner sport edition with the optional V8, 2WD, and it is amazing. I always wanted a 4Runner, and could finally afford one. It is great. I should have bought it years ago instead of an explorer that blew a head gasket and needed new lifters after 85k miles. I am only 24 years old, and drive hard, and it keeps up with me. Being in real estate, I need a nice car for clients, and a reliable and low maintenance suv that I can fit my family's stuff in when we go out for the weekend. This is an awesome vehicle!!!

Best SUV out there
By 4Jogger125 on 06/23/06 20:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 4Runner for exactly 3 years and have done nothing to it minus your oil changes, etc. I have never had a bobble out of my Toyota. I actually do not have a 4WD, and it is top notch in the snow, so I could only imagine how great a 4WD would be. I'm 20 years old and I drive hard, but my 4Runner can most certainly keep up. From my short experience as a driver, I am almost certain I will buy nothing but Toyota's from now on.

Excellent 4-Runner!
By TawlerDan on 03/08/06 16:18 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this vehicle now for almost 3 years and the only thing I've done is just your monthly/bimonthly maintance(oil, filters, etc.) It is, in my opinion, the best vehicle I've owned.

awesome 4Runner
By AnthonyS on 07/25/05 19:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is an awesome vehicle to drive on and off road. It has a Lexus like interior and and Gated shifter.

rip off!
By rc206 on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

interior items break of allthe time,the engine puts off a rotten egg/ sulfer smell when you get on the gas! the front seats are the most unconfortable,the limited version is better.resale sucks on the vehicle.

Awesome!!!
By wingotop on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

V8 has tremendous power and good fuel economy considering the higher horsepower. Seats are very comfortable. It has lots of room and more features than I even know how to use.

Best SUV I've had
By JCon on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. I bought the SE and the ride and handling are surprisingly good, the V6 has ample power, the interior is comfortable and stylish. Bar none the best vehicle I've owned. I don't want to get out from the behind the steering wheel!

4Runner Sport Tops
By rexgretel on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

We looked at some Jeep Cherokees and Dodge Durangos.... not even in the same ballpark, muchless the same league. Everything about this vehicle has been impressive, from the quality to the surprisingly good fuel mileage. For someone who never wanted an SUV, I have thoroughly enjoyed this workhorse.

Tops in Quality
By DJoseph on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

The most fun I have had in a SUV. Had a Nissan and an Isuzu before but 4Runner is the best yet. Forget the American name brand SUVs.