2003 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
2003 4Runner after 6 years of ownership
By Steve on 09/29/09 15:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I've liked the truck. I have close to 100K miles now and have taken good care of it. It still looks like a new truck when I get it all cleaned up which I think is due to the quality of paint and components used. I've been disappointed by the reliability. Among those things gone wrong are: AC compressor clutch relay, Heated mirrors don't work, Lights in several areas of the dash don't work, Front brake calipers froze up. Had to be replaced Transmission or rear end has a whine that I'm afraid is the beginning of a big bill. Would I buy again? Maybe, but I would want to look at other trucks first. The harsh ride of the vehicle tends to make those sitting in the rear get car sick.

I wish I had It Back
By happywiththetoy on 03/09/09 14:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Toyota was one of the safest on the highway. Involved in a major accident on 1/23/09. If I had been driving many other vehicles I would not be alive to write this review! Unfortunately, my Toyota was totaled, but I was not. I enjoyed just about everything about my 4Runner. I just wish I had it back. Don't know that I'll ever be able to replace it.

Excellent!!
By lovedirt12 on 09/14/06 09:48 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My husband talked me into this car. I wanted something small. It was the best purchase I ever made! It gets good gas mileage, rides and drives like a luxury car, is perfect on long trips for everyone. Lots of space, lots of storage compartments with NO wasted space. perfect for a female cause it has lots of cubyholes. Easy to change rear seats and storage divider. Quiet, comfortable, reliable, and gadutes! What more could you want?!?

Love my 4 Runner
By DOCINMISS on 08/01/06 16:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Interior finish of Limited leaves much to be desired. Poor lighting of controls is bad also. My SUV is trouble free. One service call for a burned out light. My Michilen tires show little wear for 70 000 miles

Love it!!!!!
By Jent1217 on 11/15/04 20:37 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had the '02 Tacoma and upgraded to the 4Runner....I love it!!!! The comfort, the gas mileage, everything. We had traveled quite extensively in ours (over 33,000 miles and haven't had it 2 years yet) and you can't beat the comfort. I will definitely buy another one when it's time to trade in.

So in Love
By 4Runner Lover on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought mine in December 2002, so I've had it almost a year. 16,000 miles later, I'm still loving it! I was waiting for the unveiling of the new design and was not disappointed. I bought the LTD because I didn't like the gray plastic moldings. I'm glad that I splurged for the LTD model. The comfort is unbeatable and the new styling won me over. This is my first Toyota and I have to say that the hype about quality and craftsmanship is indeed deserved! I'm sold on Toyotas in the future.

Flores' Review - 2003 4-Runner
By DebraFl on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

First, I fell in love with it the moment I sat in it. Our son has a 2000 4-Runner and the extra width in the front area (seats) really makes a noticable difference. The back leg and seat area are also a wonderful improvement. Our younger son is 6' tall and doesn't have a problem with his legs sitting in the front or the back, unlike many cars/SUV's he's sat in.

BEST SUV
By Floridian on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

After test driving similar SUV's: Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer, Acura MDX, etc., the new 4runner LTD tops them all. Wind noise is minimal compare to the others SUV's. To-date, I have driven my new 2003 LTD for 3500 miles and it is the best buy for the money in the market. Had some noises coming from the engine and overhead, but were quickly corrected by the dealer. Was told this is happening with other models.

2003 4runner limited
By nedjacob on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very smooth ride, nice sound system. A great improvement.

Sharp looks plus Great Ride
By aufan on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just this month brought home my 4 Runner after trying to decide between the 4 Runner and the new Honda Pilot. The 4 Runner's looks won out. After driving it home loved it even more. This is the best of all worlds. Seats and ride are plush and the navigaion system is unreal. You can't go wrong with this vehicle.