2002 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
relay switch
By Gianna on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was quite disappointed with my new 2002 Toyota 4 Runner. I have always wanted one and since now I can afford it my husband bought it for me. Now I am not happy with it as the vehicle make a click sound in which I was told by the dealer shop that it is a relay switch in which is in all the 2002 Toyota 4 Runners. I did not test drive it as I have test driven other before in hopes of one day getting one.

Pozac's 4Runner
By pozac on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Really beautiful vehicle. Pulls my large pop-up camper well...plenty of power and never had to release overdrive on our trip to Beavers Bend. Kids love the room in the rear and wife loved the bucket seats. Sound system is great! I really wanted a gps/dvd/nav system but was told it was NOT available. Maybe I can find a wrecked Prius.Also had no fog lights but was told it did by another saleman other than the one I used (beware and ask them to show you).

My Road Runner
By Manny Pinares on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great SUV to drive, lots of fun and of course reliable.

Viewpoint
By Sac State on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great reliable vehicle. Fun to drive, responsive, nice full-time 4WD system.

Excellent SUV
By Quality Minded on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first SUV and after careful homework, the 4runner came out on top. The quality that Toyota builds into a vehicle is quite impressive. These vehicles are priced on the upper end, but like I always say "pay now or pay later"! The ride is stiff but understandibly so, after all it is a truck. The sport edition is worth the extra money, as it adds the real meaty looks and really makes for an attractive vehicle. This vehicle will surely last even the most rugged of users.

2002 Toyo 4Runner SR5
By Zizi on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the third Toyota we have owned and we can't say enough good things about them. Our new 4Runner is a good mix of rugged practicality and luxury (sunroof, CD, air conditioner...). We recently drove 5000 miles across the country in it and found it to be very comfortable on the long haul. It has plenty of room for all of our stuff and handles a trailer pretty well (a little more oomph wouldn't hurt on the hills). The gas mileage has been better than expected, we are now getting 20-22 mpg with it. I am looking forward to a long and happy relationship with this car.

Worth the extra $$$$
By rl4673 on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I went from a Grand Cherokee to a BMW 3 Series and then to the '02 4Runner Sport Edition. I had an 88 4Runner with the removable top.. (super cool truck) and now I am back to Toyota again. I test drove every SUV out there and while it may not be the best bargain up front, I am sure it will pay off in the long run. Check the prices on used 4Runners. They're almost as much used as they are new! I have yet to regret making this purchase. I bet you won't be either!

My 4wd SR5 4runner.
By vvti168 on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is sized very nicely to fit into compact parking spots. In addition, its size makes it very maneuverable on road and off. The build quality is phenomenal and the switchgear feels well put together. I like the heated mirrors, power rear window and especially the safety features (ABS, VSC, Trac). The only real gripes that I have are the gas mileage and the tipsy feeling that I get when I negotiate certain curves (feels like it'll roll even though it really won't).

Best car I have ever owned
By noahjokc on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy driving it every day. The best vehicle I ever owned. Toyota builds it right. SUV shouldn't ride like a car. This vehicle can go off road or not. People that gripe about the ride should buy a car, it is setup to do it all

Best 4WD I'v ever had
By BobbyK on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a really nice vehicle. In fact, it's the best SUV I've ever owned and I've owned Fords, GMC's and Chevrolets. It definitely is much stiffer than any of the above noted vehicles. It is also designed to out last the others. It is fun to drive and has all controls within easy reach. It pales in comparison the my Suburban in size and towing capacity, but excells in safety appointments and it's ability to brake surely and quickly. I look forward to lower annual maintenance costs and the ability to trust that my vehicle will be ready to do what I want it to do.