2002 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Just supercharge it!
By vvti168 on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, this is a very nice, safe vehicle. It drives very solidly. The steering is nicely weighted. It is sized just right for someone who lives in a large city w/ tight parking spaces.

I love my 4-runner
By Esther on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd 4-runner and I absolutely love them. I finally got my limited and I love the quality, design and service after the sale. You will not find a better quality vehicle for the price. You get what you pay for and this vehicle costs a little more,but, it will run for 250,000 miles rather than the usual 100,000 you find elsewhere. I would recommend this vehicle for someone who wants quality without getting into a Lexus!!

Super Charged
By boxingjoey on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Everything’s been great except for the weather stripping on the inside door frame, however the dealer corrected the problem on all four doors. There wasn't enough sealant. Please note that dealer had added the extended warranty, credit life and gap insurance without my consent. They also had me at 7.75% and I have great credit. Took the rebate and went thru my credit union for 4.5%

2002 4Runner Last Of The Beautiful Style
By JeffJeff on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The truck is nice very nice. I've had it for almost 3 months now and I'm happy with it. My friends love it, my parents love it, people who I don't even know love it. It seems like everyone likes this SUV. At almost 4000 miles on it, it still has the new car smell. It rides great, sounds great and just is a great all around SUV. I had an 89 Camry before this and this was a great little car and I expect this new Toyota to be a great car as well. We'll see as the months and years go by how it turns out.

True SUV
By Calhoun on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota 4Runner SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great SUV. Zero problems and excellent usability.

AWESOME
By HJKL on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

AWESOME SUV. RIDES SMOOTH, ALONG WITH GREAT LOOKS, QUICK TAKE OFF. NEEDS A LITTLE MORE HP. I AM NOT REAL BIG ON 3RD ROW SEATS. IT SEATS 5, ANYMORE AND YOU SHOULD GO AHEAD AND GET A FULL SIZE.

Sporty and Reliability Here...
By ASUMirage15 on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my 2002 Toyota 4Runner. It is extremely reliable, comfortable, and great looking. The only problem I have with the vehicle is the power. If you intend on buying one of these vehicles, I urge you to have a TRD Supercharger installed by your local dealer. I will carry the same powertrain warranty as the engine and pumps up horsepower from a dismal 183 bhp to 265 bhp.

4RUNNER
By ARTHUR on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE THIS VEHICLE. THIS IS MY SECOND 4RUNNER.I HAD A 97 4RUNNER PREVIOUSLY.

review
By zm on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

i traded in my acura mdx for this suv that should say enough right there. excited to see the new model with V8!

4RUNNER
By 007 on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE THIS VEHICLE. THIS IS MY SECOND 4RUNNER.I HAD A 97 4RUNNER PREVIOUSLY.