2002 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
My 2nd 4runner
By bubbs on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned 2 4runners now and I believe they are the best SUVs made. My 1990 had 262000 hard miles on it when I sold it, and was still running fine. I've had the 2002 for over a year now, and it's even better than my old one. It pulls my boat like it isn't even there, and does great in the snow. I would highly recommend a 4runner to anyone wanting a solid SUV.

Great SUV 4WD for the $$$
By Samp on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this 4WD SR5 Used as a Certified vehicle with the original waranty. Best way to buy a car I think. Threre is a service notice for the weather striping around the doors and they take care of it for free. Other than that the car drives great. Lots of room comfortable ride for a truck and good stability on the road. The truck is built with good quality and is a great SUV for the money. If you want a cadillac ride in a SUV go to a Navigator but if you want all around great perfomance and quality this is the SUV of choice... No wonder why you see so many on the road.

GET ONE FOR YOURSELF !!!!
By cjvail on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted to wait a year or two before writing this, you know, to see what was going to break. I took this near 40k truck off road on the way home from the dealer,it was so much fun that I go off road at least once a weak.No rattels,sqweeks or leaks.THANK YOU TOYOTA!!!!

Good Vehicle
By taddie on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed driving my 4 Runner. I had a Toyota Camry before I purchased the 4 Runner. I like how it handles in all weather conditions.

THE BEST!
By toy4runner on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The 2002 4runner is the sexiest looking SUV in the market. You have to agree with me on that. The 4runner is also the best offroader in the suv lineup. I used to love chevy and ford but when u drive this thing and feel its power its a totally different STORY!

A solid SUV
By ltd on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had it for 14 months, no single problem, It quick pick up, easy parking,stable in the rainny day,confidence at steering wheel, almost like a sport car. Just love it very much.

Excelent
By JoSh67 on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car, and a great buy. I couldn't have chosen anything better. The styling and Quality is 10.

2002 SR5 2WD
By WAJ on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Pretty good all in all.

Noisy Relays/ABS Actuator Pump
By Safari3006 on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This truck has a major flaw. You will hear the 3-clicking noise when you first start it in the morning even if you do not step on the brake. Drive the truck for 10 minutes and make a complete stop, and after a few seconds you will hear the clicking noise again for 3 seconds as if something is engaging and disengaging. The local dealer and the District Office of Toyota Motors informed us that the noise we hear is the ABS Actuator Pump and it is normal so Toyota would NOT replace it. This persistent noise can be really annoying so buyer beware...

2002 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition
By TMan on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great SUV. I bought it brand new with only 3 miles on it. So now a year later w/ 22K miles it still runs just as good when I drove it off of the dealers lot. This I have to say is one of the best looking SUV's that is on the road. Every where I go I get nothing but compliments on it. It drives great, rides great, everything is great. Overall a BEST pick.