2002 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Would by another one in a heartbeat
By clowbell99 on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 4Runner with 32K miles on it, it now has 165K miles on it. It has been the most reliable vehicle. I have owned. I have taken it on many road trips, and it has never failed me. Driving over pot holes and speed bumps it is a rough ride. But since that is on a rare occasion, over all I am pleased. I have leather, and after 8 years of wear and tear, it does need to be replaced. It is just now starting to show it's age, and even then it is still a good looking vehicle.

3rd Gen 4Runner
By John on 09/02/05 11:59 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

IMHO... 4Runners are the best mid sized SUV on the road. My 3rd generation 4Runner has noticably more power and creature comforts. The only prob I've noticed (hence my build quality descrepancy)is the door seals. Drivers and rear passenger molding does not fit right. Local dealer just shrugs and says I can get a new set of molding for more than I'm willing to pay. Oh well... great truck.. just wish I'd held out for 4X4.

A Great SUV
By Howie on 06/29/05 16:36 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After having the suv for more than 3 years, I find no major problem with the car. The only thing is that the car tend to shake a little when breaking. I asked the dealer to look into the problem and they said its just the surface of the break pad is either dirty or uneven. To fix the problem I need to replace the whole break pad which can cost over $200. So I am just gonna leave it alone until its time for new ones. Otherwise no other major problems. The car runs great and its so much fun to drive. Its also got a great look but the new 2003 model looks a lot better.

4RUNNER
By ARTHUR on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE THIS VEHICLE. THIS IS MY SECOND 4RUNNER.I HAD A 97 4RUNNER PREVIOUSLY.

4RUNNER
By 007 on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota 4Runner Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE THIS VEHICLE. THIS IS MY SECOND 4RUNNER.I HAD A 97 4RUNNER PREVIOUSLY.

toyota 4runner
By Anastasia on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

i love this car

New in '99, Bought again in '02
By mikemath on 02/26/02 22:16 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota 4Runner Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Toyota's 4-Runner is an outstanding vehicle. I leased a new limited in 1999; the ONLY thing I did to this vehicle was change the oil and rotate the tires. I did not have a single problem. The ride is smooth, quiet, and safe. I love sitting up high to see over traffic. Most of all, the reliability/dependability is first class. I HIGHLY recommend a Toyota 4-Runner!