2001 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: No Surprises, Quality and Reli

2001 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Review

No Surprises, Quality and Reliability
By Fabio on

2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My wife drives it 90% of the times, and get this...no complains! Usually with most of anything else, it's, too big, too small, not confortable enough, bla bla. The 4Runner is a hit. Sometimes I drive it on weekends, and find it quite enjoyable, good response, and confortable. At times, I use it to tow my quad or commercial mower with a good size trailer...plenty of torque for a V6. Have had it for about 4 yrs, and it's just like when we got it, just a litte older. My wife did get in an accident about 6 month ago, some moron decided to come in the wrong lane to avoid my wife carring 3 children, 7 to 15. Snapped the rear axel in half, spun 180 deg, caused $7K of damage, everyone safe.

Leather seats are comfy and easy to clean. Awesome in the snow. Good looking. Reliable engine.

Loosen the suspension a little. Improve shifting look and quality, since is used a lot...cheesy.