2001 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: LOVED this SUV

2001 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Review

By SpoiledWife on

2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My husband bought this 4Runner for me used with 100k mi on it. I had no problem with the miles as it was all still as tight as the day it was new. I put another 40k on it before I traded it in 2 weeks ago. I loved it. There is room for 4 large adults comfortably, 5 if one is a smaller child with no car seat. But I have had 5 with one in car seat many times and it wasn't too bad. I never once had any doubts about getting in it and driving where ever I needed to go. I routinely got 18.5 mpg mixed and 21 mpg highway. With the back seats down it can hold a lot of crap. The front seats are ok for short distances but over a long drive the seats can get hard.

Almost everything. The cargo room, the ruggedness. It rides like a truck, 4x4 works great! The location of all controls are very easy for driver. Very very reliable, no probs at all. Good mpg for its size. I loved all of it except the front seats. At 140k mi still had like new tight steering and feel.

Seats could've been a little more comfortable. not so bad for me but my larger husband found that they were a little small for him and hard on trips. I would still absolutely recommend!!