2001 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: Great will keep it 4 ever

2001 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Review

Great will keep it 4 ever
By Shocker88 on

2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2001 4Runner sport pkg new and love it. I have put 72000+ miles on it todate. My wife now drives it daily to college. She loves it. Has enough power for her. I love it as well. 4wd system from older Limited versions is great auto 4wd handy for the wife. No problems really to report after 6 yrs of ownership. Did great in snow and ice storms of VA & NC. MPG is okay for SUV, wife gets better then me. Love all the options, would have liked more information gauges like my old 89 Toyota SR5 truck (volt meter, oil pressure).

11" ground clearance, toyota quality, toyota engineering, tough looks, sports pkg, hood scope, roomy interior.

Tranmission shift points, break system (makes strange noise since day one, returned 4 times nothing wrong)? Cruise control stinks, shifts to low of a gear, then shifts right away again. More power sould be nice, thinking of installing the TRD supercharger.