2001 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews 5

2001 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Outstanding Vehicle
By Guy Walker on 11/11/05 12:16 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 10-12 different cars and trucks, foreign and domestic, none of them comes close to the reliability and solidity of the 4runner. This is truly an unbelievable truck!! I have 81000 miles and not even needed brakes, they work great! I have not spent a penny on this truck except scheduled maintenance and tires. The ride is a bit jarring, but the solid sounds from the suspension more than make up for it. Power could be stronger but the smoothness and low-end torque more than make up for that. I am obsessed with my 4runner I will always own one, it goes anywhere and is the perfect size SUV. I have driven this in 115 heat and -30 cold, truck never missed a beat!!

Awesome!
By M. Hawkins on 10/05/05 16:35 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is one awesome vehicle. I've owned three other different make SUVs, and they couldn't touch this Toyota with a ten-foot pole. I purchased it off the show-room floor, and wouldn't sell it for anything. I only have 30000 miles on it, because it was stored for one year while I went overseas. I only drive it on the weekends and when I what to spoil myself. After owning this Toyota, you'll never want another make.

I want to keep it forever
By Autumn on 07/30/05 05:25 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My 2001 4Runner now has 113,000 - unbelievable! It runs great and still in love. Have only had to replace tires and other routine maintenance.

Solid as a rock after 60k miles
By vinceG on 06/28/05 21:14 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've put on over 60K miles and it runs as good today as it did the day I bought it. Paint still looks brand new, too. For a SUV, good milage of 18 city and maybe 22 highway. Only had one problem - replace windshield wiper motor recently. No one rattle compared to Chevy Blazers I've been in that sound like a bucket of bolts with way less miles. The front seats are very uncomfortable, though, which is the only issue with the vehicle.

No Surprises, Quality and Reliability
By Fabio on 04/28/05 15:21 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My wife drives it 90% of the times, and get this...no complains! Usually with most of anything else, it's, too big, too small, not confortable enough, bla bla. The 4Runner is a hit. Sometimes I drive it on weekends, and find it quite enjoyable, good response, and confortable. At times, I use it to tow my quad or commercial mower with a good size trailer...plenty of torque for a V6. Have had it for about 4 yrs, and it's just like when we got it, just a litte older. My wife did get in an accident about 6 month ago, some moron decided to come in the wrong lane to avoid my wife carring 3 children, 7 to 15. Snapped the rear axel in half, spun 180 deg, caused $7K of damage, everyone safe.

Best Car You Can Buy
By Monkeys rok mi sox on 04/01/05 14:23 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a car that will be worth every penny you spent on it, the 4Runner is your best bet. It is probably the most comfortable midsize SUV. The drive is also superb. Also, it is very reliable. You don't want to get out of the car once you get in. AWESOME CAR!

awesome!
By Katy on 03/08/05 20:13 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I previously owned a 98 4runner SR5 4x4, loved it for 3 months then it was in an accident and totalled. Immediately went out of state to bring home a newer model because I loved my 4runner so much! The 1000-mile drive back home was a pleasure, wasn't uncomfortable at all. I wonder why no other car manufacturer has figured out that the auto-roll-down rear window is a winning feature...I'm so spoiled by it that it's hard to imagine not having one. Haven't had to do anything other than routine maintenence so far. Also, sunroof, running boards and roof rack I believe are standard on most SR5s. It also drives absolutely AWESOME on sand, even in the deep soft stuff!!

Great SUV!
By Joe on 03/07/05 07:51 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it with 31K on it, have 85K now,and I am convinvced I will own it with300K. I will never get rid of it! Ilove my 4-runner!

2001 4 Runner 4 X 4
By R. McNamara on 01/25/05 15:25 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has lived up to all my expectations. I live in a very snowy area, it went through waist deep snow with no problems. The 4x4 system is easy to use. It is painted dark green. The front bumper is painted to match and it doesn't hold up well to chips from rocks. The paint shows every ding and scratch. The preset number buttons on the factory radio are almost worn off completly.

2001 4 Runner 4 X 4
By R. McNamara on 01/25/05 15:24 PM (PST)