2001 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: 4Runner Rocks

2001 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Review

4Runner Rocks
By avs-man on

2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle new in 2001 and it has never given me any reason to get rid of it. It is tough, rugged, reliable, dependable and good looking. It does not go off road very much but I have full confidence in it when I do. The horsepower on this engine started lagging at 45K at which time I decided to have the TRD Supercharger installed and that made all the difference in the world. Even though the gas mileage stayed the same, I get more bang for my buck and I fly across the Colorado passes! All the features from the driving lights to running boards to rear wiper are convenient. Interior is well designed and ergo-friendly. Handles well too.

Fender flares, running boards, driving (fog) lights, fold down rear seats, power rear window, 4WD functionality, slip/slide warning indicator.

I'm on my 3rd water pump in 60K miles--not sure what the problem is there. The air diffuser for the rear window is worthless (back window gets really dirty), the power antenna and motor is a bad design and I've had it replaced twice. Antennas should be built into the windows someplace.