Versatility and Value. Will last 4ever.
By PD on
2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD
Why spend 13 grand on a 2000 Toyota? There's simply no vehicle out there like it. Incredibly versatile. 4 door, 4wd, V6, manual tranny (i might look at a new one if they still offered the stick), decent gas mileage (way better than the Jeep I used to drive), composed on the highway, QUIET for an SUV, really comfortable sport seats, laughs at the snow, and of course Toyota reliability. The build quality is ridiculous. 8 years old and no rattles or squeaks. Almost feels like a convertible with the windows down, the tailgate window down, and the sunroof open. I paid a lot more than I would have for a 2000 Explorer, but compare it to a new 4Runner and it's a no-brainer. Will go forever.
Favorite Features
Manual tranny (please bring it back), power rear tailgate window (WHY has no other manufacturer adopted this?!--my dog can't live without it!), adjustable lumbar support, easy highway cruising, 17-21 mpg, all-weather/ go-anywhere capability, reliability, and build quality - this is one TIGHT truck.
Suggested Improvements
While the gas mileage is good for this kind of vehicle, it needs a bigger tank. That's it! I've got 67K on mine and plan on driving it for another ten years. Best vehicle I have ever owned, hands down, and I have owned many vehicles.