Good, but overpriced.
By pmn on
2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD
I've had this for 5 years and overall it has been reliable, although it once failed to start at -15 degrees, died on the interstate for five minutes, and misc things have broken. Off road capability is excellent. MPG is poor considering size and modest power, ride is pretty rough, terrible in a cross wind, and overall comfort is below average. Not nearly enough enough power to comfortably tow what it claims. Paid a premium price due to reputation for reliability, and for the most part has not disappointed there. But resale today isn't all that great. For my actual cost out of pocket I could have driven a significantly nicer (and larger) vehicle the past 5 years.
Favorite Features
Off road capability. Reliability has been good overall and it is still a very solid vehicle. Dual Auto UP windows. A real truck in today's world of station wagons masquerading as SUVs.
Suggested Improvements
Better stability in wind. More comfortable and roomy interior. Wheels that don't need hub-centric balancing equipment that nobody seems to have. Power adequate for the 5,000 lb tow rating. Don't leave me stranded twice for inexplicable reasons. Not even my horribly unreliable Explorer did that.