Used 2000 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota 4runner - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota 4Runner SUV

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Most Helpful|
Bought it new and still love it
By jo

2000 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

We have over 175000 miles on and off paved roads including many miles of Los Angeles freeway stop and go driving. Replaced the brake pads/rotors ONCE and have had another $350 repair at about 150K. About the same time the antenna motor stopped working. That's it besides regular service. We will have to replace the clutch at some point but that's because I'm hard on them.

Runs better than a Timex!
By Mell

2000 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I've owned my 4Runner for 7yrs. I have 193,000 miles on it with no reason to believe I won't get another 100,000. It has only been in the shop for normal maintenance and a check engine light that keeps coming on for a few weeks and then goes off. Can't find the reason so I'm not worrying about it. I don't like how it drives in the snow. 4WD get's me up my steep driveway but doesn't help me stop on slippery roads. Getting about 16 mpg and the small tank means I'm always at the gas station. Very comfortable on long drives and cargo space galore. My dogs love the electric rear window and so do I. It's the main reason I bought it. Hardly any rust either. Great SUV! Not too big -- not too small.

Favorite Features

Electric rear window!!Don't understand why everyone doesn't have this feature. Very comfortable heated leather seats. Tons of cargo space and roomy back seat. Lack of repairs is a huge plus!

Suggested Improvements

Bigger gas tank, better mpg.

2000 4 runner sr5 2wd
By matt riley

2000 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV

I bought this truck about 3 years ago, Because it was roomy and looked nice I had no idea I would love this truck like I do. It runs great not bad on gas, Only problem I have is the center cap with an S in the middle is gone can't find one any where,other than that I will never buy anything else but a 4 runner, Maybe a 4wd next I think the 2010 is the best looking SUV on the road, other than mine, though in the ran sometimes the back end is a little slippery but nothing you cant handle. I would point anyone in to buying 1, Great family car, Great daddy truck. Go and buy 1.

Favorite Features

Dependable, roomy, rear window is awesome, it's quick, and I use it like a truck and it works

Suggested Improvements

use center caps that can be found, need more owners

My 4 Runner rules
By mike777

2000 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my 4 runner in 06 with 117 K on it , it was a 1 owner trade in with all service receipts ( lots of them) all service performed by the book by Toyota , (main reason I bought it) that and the reviews by owners. It has proven to be the best most reliable vehicle I've owned to date. I currently have 350K on it with no major or minor problems, I do my own service /maintenence, no breakdowns, everything still works, and I have the LTD with power everything! all I can say is wow, pretty much original everything. runs like a swiss watch. still drives like new and looks close to new. made in Japan with top quality parts, seriously whose alternator lasts 350,00 miles,500K here I come

Favorite Features

Locking differential for 4X4, good a/c and heat

v6 sr5 4x4
By jenkjo

2000 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV

I have a 2000 toyota 4runner sr5 4x4 with a 3.4l v6 and a four speed automatic transmission. it has just over 200k miles and other than a starter, the driver's seat angle adjustment lever, and a CV joint, it has had no problems yet. Mine has a 3 inch rough country suspension lift, increasing the already impressive ground clearance. the interior is very solid and comfortable, despite having slightly outdated styling. it isn't very fast, but has plenty enough power for daily use. it also has a surprisingly high amount of torque. it goes through just about any obstacle you can put it through. the fuel mileage isn't great, but that's a small price to pay for a vehicle this good!

Favorite Features

I would consider the locking rear differential and the impressive ground clearance two of the best features on this vehicle. But the reliability and simplicity are two awesome aspects as well.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvements I would have recommended for this vehicle are a wider variety of engine packages and an optional solid front axle.