Used 2000 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Awesome SUV
By bj

2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV

I ordered a Highlander (Sport) model with the TRD supercharger in late 1999 and have owned this ever since. It still rides like new, the car looks awesome with the hood scoop. I have not seen a better looking SUV. The newer 4Runners have too much cladding. This body style is very clean looking. Not the most powerful SUV but very quick. You can't beat Toyota reliability. Excluding maintenance costs, I have spent $0 repairs since purchasing the car.

Favorite Features

Hood scoop, TRD supercharger, tough looking SUV, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy, more comfortable seats.

Fun with 4Runner
By Sunshine Tulsa

2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this new and now have about 115000 miles. The ride, the comfort and the reliability have been beyond belief. The only problem was the power antenna that failed at 65,000 miles. Power antenna seems to be Toyota's problem even with Camry and Lexus. The radio still works! I changed the original Goodyear tires at 108000 miles, they still had 3/16th left in them. I changed because it was more than 5 years! The brake pads are still the orignal shoes!!. Mine is a standard shift. I am loving it and hope to drive for another 5 years.

Favorite Features

4 wheel drive, reliability and durability1

00 SR5 4Runner
By Paula

2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

Although lacking in the horsepower department the 4runner is great on milage, roomy and can accomodate my two German Shepherds easily. Toyota reliability makes this SUV stand out from others in the market. The old adage you get what you pay for is on the money! A slightly higher sticker than other used vehicles you will find you spend more time driving and less time in the repair shop. I'm sold on Toyota and the 4Runner will be my vehicle of choice from now on.

Favorite Features

Reliability, sunroof, 4 wheel drive, ease of maneuvering, gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

The way the back seats fold down.

I love the 4Runner
By Nicole Rodrigues

2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

First and only owner of my SR5 4WD 2000 4 Runner. This is the best car. Definitely planning on keeping it another 5 years. Never had any mechanical problems. I take it in for the routine 30, 60k tune ups and oil changes every 3-5k miles. It has nearly 88k milage and still is a solid drive. Very happy w/Toyota 4 Runner product. Convinced husband to buy Toyota. He now owns a 2000 Tundra V8 for 3 years now. LOVES IT.

Favorite Features

rear roll down window. Shift on the fly 4WD. suspension and most of all convience and reliability of the product.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Great Vehicle SR5 V6 Atmtc 4WD
By Greg

2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought new, now have 95k, still runs and looks great. Just had timing belt and 90k service done. Service Forerunners and they may go forever. I gave this one to my college bound daughter but want it back when she returns. I want to see if it will go 1,000,000 miles. I was so happy with this one I bought a 2005 but the new ones don't look as good.

Favorite Features

Looks, reliability, ground clearance, quality after 95k, everything is still tight!

Suggested Improvements

MPG, size of gas tank, softer ride, power, space