2000 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Could be better
By Gurpinder on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV

Toyota quality is great and they sure use it on this 4Runner. The transmission is great and strong. When the gear shift, you will feel the quality product. This is my third Toyota and every one ran forever.

2000 Toyota 4Runner
By Paul56 on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

This truck has been nothing but excellent. I pull two jet skis every summer and it has enough power to take care of that. I would like a bigger engine but then my gas mileage would suffer. Currently, when I drive to Florida I get 20-21 mpg highway. Usually I get about 15-16 mpg city. I have NEVER had any mechanical problems with this 4Runner. Also, the bumber held up well when my wife backed into a pole. Oh well.

Dogs are much happier now...
By imperfectly28 on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

Go with the best and get a 4Runner. Get anything else and settle for less. We throw our dogs in the back and everyone's happy. Toyotas run forever. I just sold my 92 Toyota pickup with 175,000 miles on it. I expect our 4Runner will prove just as reliable!

Great SUV with a few mods
By svs3 on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I was concerned about power so I add the TRD headers and exhaust, Amsoil air filter. These mods along with the 5 speed give it plenty of power and torque. The addition of OME heavy duty shocks and springs, slightly larger tires, and front sway bar quick disconnects create a serious cabable off road machine. Reliablilty is great. I think the air filter and headers may have improved my gas milage. I would highly recommend this SUV to anyone seeking a serious SUV. It rides like a truck. The truck underpinnings contribute to its off road reliablity. There is reason the UN and other aid agencies use Toyotas and Land Rovers in the most remote parts of the world.

quality
By thespire on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

More backseat room would be highly beneficial. Very narrow for 2 car seats in back seat. Quality vehicle that is dependable, stylish and safe.

Best SUV EVER!
By Carol Shelter on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I have over 50,000 miles on my 2 yr old Runner and it's still going strong. I haven't had any problems with it what-so-ever. I highly recommend this vehicle for everyone interested. You are really getting your money's worth with this SUV. I had a 98 Explorer which gave me headaches. My tranny went out at 28000 miles. I quickly traded the cheap Explorer for the Awesome 4Runner......best decision i've made in my life.

awesome vehicl
By stephanie fargo on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had othe SUV's but once i got into the Toyota 4Runner's, I will never go back. I also purchased a Land Cruiser that I also suggest buying.

4runner fan
By Greenmile on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Ive had my 4Runner limited for 2 years and havnt had any issues at all. I have taken it out 4 wheeling many times and I was extremely suprised at how well it handles off road. I also commute to work about 80 miles a day. So if your looking for a SUV that looks nice and drives awesome this is the one. I also have a xterra and the 4 runner blows it off the road.

4Runner Limited
By John DeGroote on 08/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a fantastic vehicle; only suggested improvement is a larger gas tank.

Greatest SUV
By Jessy on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this SUV! The name TOYOTA should say it all. Reliable, great interior an exterior design, performance is great. I couldn't wait until my first big snow storm in 2000 to see how long it would take to get through the snow piles. No trouble at all! If fact it was so fun I went through every snow pile I could see with no trouble at all! I have 29000 city driving miles on it and to this day I have absolutely no problems. I highly recommend the 4runner!