Used 2000 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Toyota's Best
By George Suggs

2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This has been a very reliable and enjoyable car for us. We've towed over 5000 lbs of payload... had to replace disk brakes, but no other problems. A very well made vehicle.

4 Wheel Drive, Uses same gas with a trailer as with almost no load!

GPS would be great.

Over 100,000 miles and no rattles
By NOLA lady

2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV

This is the most dependable vehicle I've ever driven. When we evacuated NOLA during Hurricane Katrina, we left the vehicle parked in our driveway (we evacuated in my husband's newer model 4-Runner). Mine sat in over a foot of water for at least a week and was hit by flying debris (probably part of our roof). When I started it up three weeks later, the engine turned right over; I was one of the only people on my street who just got in the car and drove it away. Since then, we've dealt with canyon-sized NOLA pot- holes, street debris, and true off- road conditions every day. Not a problem. She has cosmetic battle scars, but not a single rattle. 113,000 miles and going strong.

The ride is rough, but then again this is basically a truck. I'd like a smoother ride, but not if I have to give up the off-road capabilities and general "tightness" of the vehicle. Another miscellaneous junk (cell- phone) holder would be nice; I use the cup-holder for that purpose.

Best car I have ever owned
By Ivan

2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

6 years old and 69K miles with no problems. Great car, powerful and reliable. very roomy. All I had to do was change the tires and replace a lightbulb. This car will run forever.

Reliability. Looks a lot better then new model.

None.

Bought it new and still love it
By jo

2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

We have over 175000 miles on and off paved roads including many miles of Los Angeles freeway stop and go driving. Replaced the brake pads/rotors ONCE and have had another $350 repair at about 150K. About the same time the antenna motor stopped working. That's it besides regular service. We will have to replace the clutch at some point but that's because I'm hard on them.

Runna
By clarkj5

2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Love it! I've wanted a 4Runner for 10 years, Now I have one and it was worth the wait. Love the off road capabilities and styling.

Styling and 4wd

Better stereo, better gas mileage, bigger gas tank

• SUV