Used 2000 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota 4Runner

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Runs better than a Timex!
By Mell

2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I've owned my 4Runner for 7yrs. I have 193,000 miles on it with no reason to believe I won't get another 100,000. It has only been in the shop for normal maintenance and a check engine light that keeps coming on for a few weeks and then goes off. Can't find the reason so I'm not worrying about it. I don't like how it drives in the snow. 4WD get's me up my steep driveway but doesn't help me stop on slippery roads. Getting about 16 mpg and the small tank means I'm always at the gas station. Very comfortable on long drives and cargo space galore. My dogs love the electric rear window and so do I. It's the main reason I bought it. Hardly any rust either. Great SUV! Not too big -- not too small.

Electric rear window!!Don't understand why everyone doesn't have this feature. Very comfortable heated leather seats. Tons of cargo space and roomy back seat. Lack of repairs is a huge plus!

Bigger gas tank, better mpg.

At 160,000 miles and still going strong!
By Going on 160,000.

2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

We own 1 car and we have nothing go wrong. We just started to have to replace parts. It's cheaper than buying a new car. It still looks as good as the 1st day we got it.

I love that I shift into 4 wheel drive and can drive with no problem in the New England snow.

It nees a useable 3rd row not little jump seats. More arm room would be nice.

150K and still running strong
By Greg

2000 Toyota 4Runner 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this new and now have 150k on it. I follow the factory maintenance to the letter. I have done two repairs. One was the power antenna ($100), the other was a dirty fuel filter ($500). Supposedly these have lifetime fuel filters installed inside the gas tank but with all the dirty gas being sold I don't think there is such a thing as lifetime filter. Other than that it has been a great SUV. Loves the snow and gets about 18mpg. The OEM front brakes lasted forever...125k and still had 20% left! Still have the back ones.

Looks, reliability, easy to clean, power rear window, resale value.

Power, comfort, MPG.

Reliable
By Chad

2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV

I have owned my 4runner for 6yrs and have 167,000 miles on it and have done nothing but regular maintenance. It is a little under powered but very reliable. I have been on several trails in Moab and in the Black Hills of SD, (great 4wd system) I have the Sport package with the electronic locker in the rear diff. Toyota has built a very reliable and dependable vehicle with this one.

Reliability, 4wd, quietness

More HP.

Be sure before you buy
By Jay

2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I have only had my runner about 2 months, but there is lots for me to say. I love my runner, but it lets me down ALL the time. I bought it with 128,000, it currently has 132,000, and in that short time I have done: Rear axle repair (leaking oil) both sides, rear and front brakes, new rotors ($1100 bucks) New tires Michelin LTX All Terrains (4) $800, flywheel cracked, $735, started went out, $220. I bought it for $6400 bucks and have now put in over 2 grand. If you buy one and I recommend you do, buy a good well maintained one, because if you don't you can end up like me, up to your neck in repair bills. RECOMMENDATION: Buy one that is a one owner well cared for car.

It's a beast in 4wd with some good all terrains on. Spacious cargo area, slept in it more than once. Roof rack works great, I've had kayaks and all sorts on it.

Fuel economy, and more power.