2000 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews 5

2000 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
LOVE IT!
By TRex on 01/21/05 11:29 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my second 4Runner, first one was a SR5 Sport, and now the Limited. In over 20K miles in one year the only things I've replaced are the tires and the oil and filter. This is a real- deal truck/suv, not based on a car unibody design. Being tall makes the seats feel a bit short to me and with a lot of towing I'd like more power, but for daily driving, camping, off-road, this thing is the best in its class! Up to MY2003, this is the last class of 4Runner made in Japan. That says something and the new body style is too "edgy." Love the 4Runner!!

love it
By snoop on 12/21/04 01:08 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

Love this car. Can't tell it is 4 years old. I did buy the supercharger and i have never regretted it. The power and torque make an amazing difference. It is also stick shift which makes it even more responsive. The steering and suspension is still tight. Off roading in the sand, dirt snow, it has no problems. Great truck

Great, but....
By Florida on 12/09/04 13:11 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV

Current mileage just under 91K. All of the vehicles I drive last well over 100k miles. This one has been perfect with under $115 of repairs excluding disposables. $299 tune-up $495 Preventative timing belt change It has however, had the engine shut down at idle twice now. Once, the fuel filter was replaced, and the 2nd time the authorized service center could not duplicate it.

Used 2000 SR5 Highlander/Sport
By dds120 on 11/14/04 21:28 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV

I bought a used 2000 SR5 "Highlander" edition almost 2 years ago. This edition has a sport hood, larger wheels, leather seating. Best car I've ever had. Routine maintenance is all that I've needed, approaching 75K, should run for 100K more. Wanted a LR Disco badly, but thank goodness mt wife talked me out of it.

Drive and Sleep Well With a 4Runner
By TeeUp on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV

the best blend of roughness and riding comfort, the 4runner runs supreme within its class. it does not drive like a limousine, alright, but it sure is more comfortable than a lot of mid to entry level sedans. with proven reliability and value retention attached to every toyota, you can indeed drive and rest assured that you won't have to spend a fortune in costly repairs that normally hounds owners of competing SUVs.

Best SUV owned yet!
By DSkeet on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I have always heard of the uncompareable Toyota quality. Well after selling my wifes 97 Accord we bought a 2000 4Runner Limited 4wd. Performs very well offroad, pulls our Sea Doo jet boat well. I will be buying a Toyota Land Cruiser myself as soon as my BMW is sold. Again, an awesome vehicle, highly recommend!

Liking it so far..
By New4runnerMan on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV

Just bought it (used). The PO had it 35k, no problems. Much easier to drive and manuver than expected. Smooth and quiet for a truck. Required attention when driving in high winds. Driving teens like it alot. I inspected everything pretty good and most parts and components have look surprisingly in good shape. I think I made the right choice.

Very Happy
By casterca on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought mine brand new, and it still drives like I just drove it off the lot. While putting 75K miles on it, I've had minimal problems. Had to replace power antenna, and the CD player just quit working one day. As for how it drives, no other SUV in it's category comes close. If you choose the 4Runner, you won't be dissapointed.

toy4runnin
By rando on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

this truck is the best SUV on the market. styling is more truck-like than any other SUV. no minivan resemblence on this one unlike the others. reliability and durability beats everything on the market

4 runnin!
By randy123 on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

perfect truck. body style up to 2003 is the best on the market. just needed a stronger engine.